Unfortunately, due to political aspects, turkey is the official partner of Europe but not considered the visa-free country for the Schengen area, which means the Turkish citizens or passport holders must need a Schengen visa for visiting 26 Schengen countries along with Europe. So in this article, we are looking at how to apply for a Schengen visa from turkey and Schengen visa requirements for Turkish residents.
Importance of Turkey Concerning Europe
Turkey has considered the most economically stable country in the middle east. It is a rich country with beautiful monuments, it covers a total area of 783,356 km2 with an 83,614,362 population, and we can say turkey is a bridge between Asia and Europe. As turkey is as modern and developed as Europe and America, the percentage of Turkish citizen’s acceptance for a Schengen visa is relatively higher than other middle east or third-world countries.
Please Note: Apart from that, Turkish has a good affirmation ratio for a Schengen visa, but approval is dependent on how to apply for a Schengen visa from turkey and the Schengen visa application submission accuracy.
Types of Schengen Visas for Turkish Nationals
Here are the following most commonly used Schengen visa type are:
- Short-Stay Visa: Use to make a trip for 90 days, best applying visa.
- Long-Stay Visa: It will cover the journey for more than 90 days.
- Airport Transit Visa: Need when having connecting flight via any one Schengen country out of 26.
Required documents of Schengen visa application for Turkish Citizens
If you want to get a Schengen visa, here are the following required documents you must need to submit forward with your visa application.
- The Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your journey is finished, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting the Schengen Area and provide further details of your trip.
- Round Trip Flight Reservation: It must have departure from turkey and return details.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euros and must cover the whole Schengen region.
- Hotel Booking: The actual proof of accommodation after landing in the Schengen area.
- Means of Subsistence: This shows you have sufficient funds for the completion of the trip.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa From Turkey?
Please find the following steps to applying for a Schengen visa from turkey.
- Make an appointment from the embassy or consulate (selected Schengen country) from your home country, or you can book an appointment online.
- Fill out the Schengen visa application and well-arranged all required documents.
- Submit your visa application along with all required documents at the embassy or by using any verified VPS services.
- Wait for the decision email/result from the diplomatic office.
What Is The Cost of Applying for a Schengen Visa From Turkey?
The cost of applying Schengen visa for Turkish nationals is €80. This cost might fluctuate with students, children, and other rare cases.
If I Get Schengen Visa from Turkey, How Many Days I Will Be Stay in Schengen Zone?
You can stay for 90 days in the Schengen area and joy all 26 Schengen countries without any border restriction.
Please Note: You have just 180 days of the period to complete your 90 days trip after approval of the visa.
What are the regular Schengen visa types for which I can Apply from Turkey?
You can apply for a study, business, and medical Schengen visa, the selection of the visa type is solely related to your travel purpose.
Here is the complete guide regarding types and Schengen visa country’s requirements.