This ultimate guide will help you to find Austria Schengen visa requirements and ready yourself to apply for an Austrian visa without any hassle.
Austria is the most beautiful german-speaking Schengen country located in Europe, which has a total cover area of 32,385 mi².
According to its Geographia, it is rank as the 114th enormous country in the world. Austria is considered the top wealthiest country in the world.
Austria became a member state of the Schengen area in 1997. After that, an infinite number of travelers visit this state, and millions of applications are received by the Austrian embassy every year include EU nationals.
In this article, we are not interested in the geography of Austria.
We are interested in the debate about Austria Schengen visa requirements.
We try to cover the following elements:
- Required documents for Austria Schengen visa.
- Types of Austra visa.
- How to apply for an Austria Schengen visa.
- What are the additional documents essential for the Austria visa?
After reading this article, you have a complete understanding of Austria Schengen visa requirements concerning documents, types, and applying.
Now, let’s start.
Before that, if you have the interest to peruse about Schengen visa or its requirements, please use this link.
What are the Basic Entry Requirements for Austria?
There are different types of entry requirements for EU and Non-EU nationals. When a Non-EU citizen travels to Austria, after reaching an Austrian border, the visa officer will check these required documents before allowing you to enter Austria’s land.
- A valid passport or travel document: Issued in the last ten years, and it should be valid for at least three months after your date of departure.
- A visa
Please make sure even you have all the required documents, until you are not fully satisfied visa officer, he/she will not allow you to enter Austria.
There are the most common questions which are asked by the border officer:
- What is your purpose for visiting Austria?
- How long do you intend to stay in Austria?
- Where are you going to stay in Austria? Etc.
If you provide accurate answers and everything is adequate, then you will allow to entering Austria.
Please Remember: Visa stamped after entering in Schengen area. If you did not stamp your Schengen visa by the officer, you will be punished or terminate from Austria.
Who Will Apply for Austria Schengen Visa?
If you need to check, will you are eligible to apply for an Austria Schengen visa or not?. Please read this article: Who Needs a Schengen Visa to Enter Austria?
What are the types of Austria Schengen visas?
You are interested in touring Austria for 90 days then, you will need to apply for a short-stay visa first. The short-stay Schengen Visa is also known as a C-Type visa.
You need to select a visa accordingly for your trip purpose. There are the following types of Austria Schengen visas, which is mention below:
- Austria Airport Transit Visa: for those traveling from one of the Austrian airports to a destined country.
- Austria Tourist Visa: for those wishing to visit Austria for holidays or sightseeing.
- Austria Visit Visa: for travelers who want to visit friends or family members residing in Austria.
- Austria Business Visa: for business people who need to attend business-related activities in Austria.
- Austria Visa for Official Visit: for Official Delegations coming to Austria on an official trip.
- Austria Medical Visa: for people seeking medical treatment in Austria.
- Austria Study Visa: for students who wish to start studies in Austria educational institute.
- Austria Visa for Cultural, Sports, and Film Crews: for those who need to participate in the traditional event.
Please Note: Requirements will base on your selected Austria visa type. Different requirements for different visa types.
What Are the Required Documents for Austria Schengen Visa?
Generally, most people want to get a short-term Austria Schengen visa. There are the following documents mentioned below for a short-stay Visa:
Austrian visa application form. Print it and fill it for visa application submission.
Two identical photos: Must be passport size.
Your passport/Travel document:
- Valid for at least three months beyond your planned.
- No older than ten years.
- And it should contain at least two blank pages.
Copies of previous Schengen visas
Round-trip Flight Itinerary: Must be Verifiable and specifying entry and exit dates.
Proof of accommodation: Must have for your whole trip stay and must be valid.
Proof of civil status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
Obtain Austria Schengen Visa Requirements from “OEAD“.
Source Data: oead.at
Required Documents for Employment-Based Austria Schengen Visa
You will need to submit some additional documents accordingly to your employment status. These documents are listed below:
- Employment contract.
- Bank statement for the latest last six months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form
- Copy of business license.
- Bank statement for the last six months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
If a student:
- Proof of enrolment.
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest six months.
- Proof of regular income generated by the property for the last six months.
Required Documents for Minor Austria Schengen Visa
If You need to visit Austria with some minor or minor will travel alone need to submit the following documents:
- Birth certificate of the minor.
- Signed application form (both parents).
- Family court order
- Certified copies of ID/passport of both parents.
- A notarized parental authorization.
What Are The Additional Documents Need for Purpose-Based Entry to Austria?
There are different types of additional documents you will require for purpose-based entry in Austria, like the purpose of visit/tour, business, transit, and study, etc.
Required Documents for Airport Transit Austria Schengen Visa
- A valid visa
- Flight ticket (Flight Ticket For Final Destination).
Required Documents for Tourist Austria Schengen Visa
- Bank statement. Last six months.
- Detailed Itinerary. A detailed description of your trip to Austria, which includes:
- Purpose of traveling to Austria.
- Period to stay there.
- Information on hotel/hostel reservations in Austria.
- Places you plan on visiting or activities you plan to attend.
- Proof of financing your trip to Austria.
Required Documents for Visit Austria Schengen Visa
The following documents you will need to arrange before planning to apply for Austria Schengen visit visa.
- Proof of financial means. Which must include the below items:
- Bank account statement.
- Sponsorship Letter.
- A relationship of both.
- Detailed Itinerary. A detailed description of your trip to Austria
- Proof of invitation.
Required Documents for Business Austria Schengen Visa
- Invitation letter from the Austrian company
- A certificate from your employer.
- Business bank statement. Preferably for the last six months.
- Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Trade License
- Proof of trip financing.
Required Documents for Medical Austria Schengen Visa
- A local medical report.
- Medical test reports are attested from the hospital or doctor in Austria.
- Payment receipt of medical fees.
- Official Letter of the treatment/appointment
- Proof that you have sufficient financial means to pay the medical expenses
Required Documents for Culture, Film, Religious Purposes Austria Schengen Visa
- Event Information.
- Proof of previous performances.
Required Documents for Husband/Wife of Austrian Citizen Visa
If you are from husband/wife of an Austrian citizen, you will need to submit the following documents to the embassy:
- Proof of Austrian citizenship
- Austrian marriage certificate.
- Austrian family record book
Required Documents for Official Delegations Austria Schengen Visa
- The official invitation copy.
- Evidence for the purpose
Where I Need To Apply for an Austrian Schengen Visa?
If you finally plan to travel to Austria and arrange all documents for the visa application process. You will need to select one of the following places for submitting your visa application.
- The Austrian Embassy
- An Austrian Consulate
- A Visa Application Center to which Austria has outsourced visa submission
- The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country
How Much Will I Need To Wait for Getting a Visa?
The embassy or consulate will take 15 days to proceed with your visa application. These days are for a conventional routine time, but there is no fixed period for rush time. In rush hours, it will take up to 60 days also.
What is The Fee / Cost for Austria’s Short-term Schengen Visa?
- Fee for Adult Traveler = 80 Euro
- Fee for Child Traveler(6 – 12 years) = 40 Euro
- There will be no fee for under six years of children.