If you require to travel to Italy as a Nigerian passport holder, you need to apply for an Italy Schengen visa from Nigeria. In this article, we are talking about applying for an Italian visa from Nigeria and the required documents you will need for submitting a Schengen visa application.
After considering previous year’s statistics, we found that the average rate of Schengen visa acceptance for Nigerian citizens is more than 50%.
|Years||Uniform visas applied for||Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||Total LTVs issued||Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
Data Source: Europa.eu
Types of Italy Schengen Visas Which Can Apply from Nigeria?
Nigerian citizens can apply for the following Italian visa types:
- Italy Tourist / Visit Visa.
- Italy Medical Visa.
- Italy Visa for Official Delegation.
- Italy Business Visa.
- Italy Visa for Student.
- Italy Airport Transit Visa.
- Italy Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Italy Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Italy Visa for Children.
What Is The Validity Period of an Italian Visa?
If you are applying for an Italian short-stay visa known as a C-type visa, you can stay in Italy for 90 days per semester.
How to Apply for Italy Schengen Visa From Nigeria?
You can apply for an Italian Schengen visa from Nigeria using two ways:
1) Applying directly to the Italian embassy/consulate in Nigeria
If you want to apply through the Italian embassy, you need to submit a visa application with the required documents to the Italian embassy directly in Nigeria.
You can contact the Italian General Consulate in Lagos for further information:
Address: 12B Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria
Phone: 00234 (0) 1 448 5697
2) Applying Via Vfsglobal
You can use authentic visa processing services like vfsglobal for submitting your Schengen visa application. They will be charged almost 30.95 Euro and submit your Italy Schengen visa application on your behalf.
You can find more details on applying for an Italy Schengen visa by vfsglobal here. Please note the contact information for VFS Global Visa Application Center in Lagos.
Address: The Manor, Plot 110 Admiral Ayinla Way Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I 105102, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: +234 815 018 8800
Required Documents to Applying for Italy Schengen Visa from Nigeria?
Here are the following documents that you need to arrange before applying for an Italy Schengen visa:
- The Italy Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Italy trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you prefer to visit Italy and give further details of your trip.
- Round Trip Flight Reservation: It must have Italy going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth documents of children, death papers of the spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking: the actual proof of living after arriving in Italy.
- Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: Which shows you have sufficient funds to complete the Italy trip.
Find Requisite documents for Italy Visa application regarding vfsglobal from here.
What is The Application Fee for Italy Schengen Visa?
The fee for a short stay(90 days) visa is 80 Euro for adults, 40 Euros for ages between 6-12 years, and it’s completely free for children age between 0-6 years.
What Is The Processing Time for Italy Schengen Visa Application?
The embassy/consulate will take 15 up to 60 days to process your Italy Schengen visa application and the nearly same time by VFS services.