This article presents the complete understanding and guidance of Italy visa application requirements, required documents for an Italy Schengen visa, and how / where to apply for an Italian Schengen visa.
You can get an Italy Schengen visa accordingly to your travel purpose often can apply for a visit, business, and study Italian visa. This document helps you to arrange visa application documents concerning your chosen visa type.
Since 27 November 1990, when Italy signed the Schengen agreement, gigantic application recorded for Italy Schengen visas every year. According to European Union statistics, the Italian visa application approval rate is more than 76.5%, but it is essential to apply accurately and precisely.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
Who Need to Get Schengen Visa for Entering Italy?
- All the third-world countries mentioned in the link need to get a Schengen visa for traveling to Italy.
- Countries that already sign the agreement but their citizens are not allowed to travel to Italy.
Types of Italian Schengen Visas:
You can apply for the following types of Italy Schengen visas, select the relevant visa type according to your trip plan.
- Italian Tourist / Visit Visa.
- Italian Medical Visa.
- Italian Visa for Official Delegation.
- Italian Business Visa.
- Italian Visa for Student.
- Italian Airport Transit Visa.
- Italian Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Italian Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Italian Visa for Children.
Required Documents for Italy Visa Application:
You must need to attach the following required documents with your Italy Schengen visa application.
- The Italy Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Italy trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you prefer to visit Italy and give further details of your trip.
- Round Trip Flight Reservation: It must have Italy going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking – the actual proof of living after landing in Italy.
- Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: Which shows you have sufficient funds to complete the Italy trip.
Required Documents for Employment-Based Italian Visa:
To requiring an Italian visa, you need to attach the following documents with your visa application according to your working status.
If an employed:
- Bank statement for the latest Six months
- No objection letter
- Employment contract
- Income tax return (ITR)
If a self-employed:
- Income tax return (ITR)
- Business license
- Company bank statement of latest 6 months
If a student:
- Evidence of enrollment
- Confirmation letter from university or college
- No objection letter
If a retired person:
- Latest 6 months pension history
- Proof of regular income produced by the property for the latest 6 months
Please Note: All of the papers must tender by hand or use any authentic service providers to deliver them. If the Italian embassy did not get any required documents, then you may get a visa rejection.
Additional Required Documents for Different Types of Italy Visas
Here we create a list of additional documents for the most commonly used Italian visas that increase the visa acceptance rate.
Additional Documents For Italian Airport Transit Visa:
- Entry documents and an actual flight ticket for the destinated country
Additional Documents for Italian Business Visa:
- An invitation letter from the Italian company
- Employer permission letter that allows you to travel to Italy
- Certified copy of the article of association
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
Additional Documents for Italian Visit / Tourist Visa:
- An invitation letter – from your Italian family, friends, and spouse.
- Detailed itinerary
- 6 months latest bank statement
- Proof of sufficient financial means
- All passport copies
- The paper that proves your relationship with the person residing in Italy
Additional Documents for Italian Official Delegations Visa:
- The official invitation letter
- Identity documents of the applicant
- Reason of the trip (negotiations, meetings, events by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
Additional Documents for Italian Husband / Wife Visa:
- Italian marriage certificate
- Italian family history book
- Italian citizenship proof
Additional Documents For Italy Study Visa:
- University enrollment certificate from Italian university/college
- Declaration of Value(Dichiarazione di Valore)
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Acceptance Letter
Additional Required Documents for Italian Medical Visa:
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- A local medical report
- Medical attestation from the Italian hospital/doctor.
- Appointment acceptance letter
Italian Visa Documents for Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Complete crew list
- Invitation letter from the Italian contest organizer
- Entry Tickets
- Detailed itinerary
- Duration of stay
- Evidence of previous performances
Additional Documents for Italy Children Visa:
- Birth certificate
- Application form sign by both parents
- Parental travel consent form – if any parent lives in another country
- Parents income Proof
- Travel permission letter from parents
- Both parents Passport or identification documents
Please Note: Parents or guardians should be available in the embassy at the time of the visa verification and processing.
How to Apply for an Italian Schengen Visa?
- Search where you need to apply ( Nearest Italian Embassy / Visa Office)
- Select the type of Italian visa for which you want to apply
- Fill the application form
- Attach all required documents
- Book your visa appointment at the embassy or consulate
- Attend the interview
- Get final result
Where to Apply for an Italian Schengen Visa?
You can submit your visa application to the Italian embassy/consulate, and you can use any online service like VFS Italy.
Can I Apply for an Italian Visa Extention?
You can appeal for an Italian Schengen visa extension, but permission is rare and only given if any adjustment will add after landing in Italy.
How to Get Flight Booking for Italy Visa Application?
Are you confused about how to obtain a verifiable flight itinerary for your Italy visa application? You can book a verifiable dummy ticket from the following link.
How to Get Hotel Reservation for Italy Schengen Visa Application?
Always attach a valid hotel booking with your Italy visa application. A valid proof of accommodation should be verifiable from hotel management via phone and email. You can get a confirmed hotel booking by using this link.