Getting a Schengen visa for visiting European countries is a strenuous task. Most of the country’s citizens go through with long solidification process for getting this visa. This solidification process strictly starts after eliminating borders between most of the European countries. This impenetrable process is the standard way to check your eligibility and security verification before entering Europe.
Utterly country needs to apply for a Schengen visa according to the selected country visa application requirements. The question arises here will US citizens (Born in America), US residents, or US Green cardholders also need to apply for a Schengen visa before traveling Europe (Schengen Area)?.
In this article, you will gain information concerning Schengen visa requirements for US citizens and will Americans need to apply for a Schengen visa before traveling Europe.
Do American Citizens / US Residents require Schengen Visa for traveling EU?
If US Residents are born in America or their applying country authorized visa-free handshake with Europe, in that case, United States citizens will not need any visa for traveling to the Schengen area.
If US Residents have dual nationality, the first nationality belongs to no visa-free handshake country with EU they should apply for a Schengen visa for traveling to Europe.
Required Documents for American / US Citizen to Europe Entry
Here are the following required documents that Americans must need for entering in European border.
1) A USA Passport
Must be valid, not older than 10 years, or remains alive for at least 3 months before starting the trip.
2) Proof of traveling to Europe
You will need to provide evidence of why you want to travel to Europe and the purpose of your trip.
3) Evidence of sufficient fund
This document will rectify that you have sufficient funds for the completion of the Europe trip.
ETIAS Authorization for US Citizens Before Entering Europe
Americans must apply for ETIAS(European Travel Information and Authorization System) visa waiver for traveling to Europe. It will cost €7 for US citizens to check all security measures and verifications before traveling to the EU, even when your flight is on board. This system will improve security measures for Americans during the whole trip.
How Many Schengen Countries Can US Citizens Visit Without Schengen Visa?
As US passport is vigorous, so Americans can visit all 26 Schengen countries freely.
How Many days US Citizen Live inside Europe Without Schengen Visa?
Europe allows US Residents to short stay up to 90 days within 180 days. If you want to lodge for more than 90 days you may apply for a residence permit.
Schengen Visa Required Documents for US Permanent Residents or US Greencard Holders(Belongs to No Visa-Free handshake Countries)
If you are a US resident and belongs to a country(first nationality) that is not signed visa-free regimes, then you need to apply for a Schengen visa by following the required documents.
1) Schengen Visa Application Form.
2) Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Europe journey is finished, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
3) US Residence Permit: Valid proof of United States alien, like Green card and US permanent residence visa.
4) Two Passport Size Photographs: Must be 35X45mm in size.
5) A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting Switzerland and provide further details of your trip.
6) Round Trip Flight Itinerary: It must have to go and return dates (USA – Europe or vice versa).
7) Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euros and must cover the whole Schengen region.
8) Means of Subsistence: This shows you have sufficient funds to complete the Europe trip.