Are you plan the trip to France? are you interested to know France visa application requirements? if yes, then this document helps you to find knowledge regarding France visa, required documents, visa types, cost, how to apply, and much more.
Since 14 June 1985, when France signed the Schengen agreement, it is to consider that an immense number of visitors/travelers apply for a France Schengen visa every year. If you are interested in exploring the beautiful life of France, you first need to apply for any France visa type, the selection of visa type is dependent on your travel purpose, you can choose visa type accordingly to the purpose of travel. You will find this article a helpful source to find exact France visa requirements accordingly to different visa types.
Here are the most advanced three years’ statistics conferred by the European Union, which bestow traveler’s interest in applying for a France visa.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
Data Source: Europa.eu
Documents requirement for French Visa Application:
- France Visa Application Form.
- Passport with at least 2 blank pages(Must valid for 3 months after returning).
- Passport size 2 photographs with a light background(Use this link for more understanding.
- Round Trip Flight Itinerary: Must be verifiable at the time of visa processing.
- Travel medical insurance: should provide Euro 30000 coverage and fulfill Schengen area standards.
- A Cover Letter.
- Actual Proof of civil status.
- Hotel Booking: valid proof of accommodation in France.
- Proof of sufficient means for a stay in France: you need to submit this proof considering daily expenses in France approx Euro 120 X no. of stay days.
Required documents concerning employment status:
If an employee:
- Employment agreement
- Bank statement for the freshest Six months
- Source of Salary
- No objection letter/NOC from the company
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Declaration of Income Tax.
If a retired person:
- 6 months pension statement
- Proof of regular income produced by the property for the latest 6 months
If a self-employer:
- Company bank statement of the most recent six months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Business license proof
If a student or researcher:
- Confirmation of registration
- Acceptance letter from university or college.
Please Note: You may demanding more documents according to your type of french visa or travel purpose, all of the above documents must submit by hand or use any validated service to deliver to the embassy. If the embassy did not get any needed indenture, then you may get visa rejection.
Additional required documents for common France visa application types:
We create the list of additional documents, and we strongly recommend to attached these additional documents with the following french visa types.
French Visit/Tourist Visa:
- An invitation letter – from your family, friends, and spouse.
- Detailed Itinerary.
- 6 months of Bank statement.
French Business Visa:
- Previous Trade relationship letter: Proofs or set of documents that show the strong trading relationship between both companies.
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence: this letter shows how will you cover your business trip expenses if the trip is an offer by a company or french company, must be mentioned inside this letter.
- Business bank statement of last 6 months.
- An invitation letter from the French company.
- Going permission certificate from the current company.
- Article of Association.
- Other documents like business entities(Proprietorship/Partnership).
French Visa for Official Delegations:
- The formal invitation letter.
- time Duration of stay.
- Proof of Accommodation in France.
- Identity documents of the applicant.
- Proof for the journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations).
French Citizens Husband/Wife Visa:
- French marriage certificate.
- French family records book.
- French citizenship proof: maybe your ID cards or any other identifying documents that show your French citizenship.
France Airport Transit Visa:
- An original valid visa.
- Permission letter for entering the destined country.
French visa for Study, Interns, or Research Purposes:
- University admission certificate from french university /college.
- Mean of Subsistence: A letter which explains how you will comprise study expenses.
- Agreement Letter.
Minors France Visa(under-age children) :
- Parents income Proof.
- Travel permission letter from parents.
- Parental travel consent form: from another country living parent.
Please Note: Parents or custodians of under-age children should be available in the embassy or consulate at the time of the visa officer confirmation or processing.
French Medical Visa:
- An invitation letter: from any France hospital or french doctor will allow you or the patient to come for treatment.
- Payment receipt of medical fees.
- Evidence to show your treatment coverage, or even if prepaid
- A medical report.
- Hotel Reservation: proof that shows applicant have already booked a room in the hospital.
- A guarantee letter: which ensures that the patient will spend more money if he/she is needed for continuing the treatment.
- Medical attestation from the french hospital or doctor.
- France Schengen visa copy.
- Verbal note from the Embassy of the home country of the applicant in France, or, Verbal Note from the Ministry of Health of the home country
France Visa Documents for Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Crew members Names.
- Invitation letter from the event organizer or higher authorities in France.
- Proof of Travel(Flight Itinerary).
- Duration of stay.
French Tech Visa:
This visa is a part of the “Passeport Talent” Quota from 2016. The true statements regarding this french visa type are:
- For investors and business pupils.
- For start-ups and research programs.
France Schengen Visa types:
There are the following types of France visa, you can apply for any french visa type according to your trip purpose.
- Tourist Visa
- Visit Visa
- Business Visa
- Medical Visa
- Official Delegation Visa
- Student Visa
- France Tech Visa
- Airport Transit Visa
- French Citizens Husband/Wife Visa
- French Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes
- French Visa for Minors
Will Every Country Need Visa for Entering France or not?
No, this will be decided according to France’s territory rules and distribution. France territory divided as following:
- France European Territory
- France Overseas Départments or Regions
- France Overseas Territories
The following countries allow travel to France Overseas Départments or Regions freely(without a french visa):
Schengen Area member countries, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong-Kong, Ireland, Japan, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico.
Following countries must need a visa to stay in France Overseas Départments or Regions(Required Visa to Move):
Nationals of the United States, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Venezuela, or Singapore – whose citizens come for getting work/jobs in France.
Here are the following countries whose citizens do not need a visa to travel in France Overseas Territories:
Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brasil, Brunei, Croatia, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong-Kong Japan, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Singapore, South Corea, United States, and Uruguay.
Countries allowed to stay just for ninety days:
Schengen Area member countries, Andorra, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Ireland, Monaco, Norway, Netherlands, Saint Marin, The Holly See, and United Kingdom.
Find out the countries whose residences need Schengen visa for travel in France Overseas Territories:
Nationals of Brazil, Canada, South Korea, United States, Japan, Australia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Nationals of the United States, Hong-Kong and Macao – whose citizens come for getting work/jobs in France.
All other nationals or countries which are not mentioned above required a visa to stay/travel in France.
How Can I Apply For France Schengen Visa?
You need to understand the underneath steps to apply for a France short-stay(90 days) visa:
- You need to verify where you need to apply.
- Select the french visa type.
- Prepare all wanted documents for the visa application.
- Make a visa appointment.
- Audit the visa interview at the relevant France Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
Flight Reservation for French Visa
If you are troubled about how to obtain a verifiable flight itinerary for your French visa application? You can book a verifiable flight itinerary that duly fulfills France visa requirements from the following link.
Proof of Accommodation(Hotel Booking) for France Schengen Visa
Always attach a valid Hotel Booking with your French visa application. A confirmed hotel booking should be verifiable via hotel administration by phone and email. You can get a firm hotel by using this link.
How Much I Need to Pay(fees) for a French Visa?
- Euro 60 is the regular fee.
- Euro 35 for reduced rates includes(6-11 age children, Citizens of Bosnia, Hercegovina, Albania, Moldova, North Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro who DO NOT hold biometric passport yet).
- No fees for (Member State of EU/EEA Citizens, A foreign scientific researcher, french Husband/Wife, below 6 age child, scholarship holders, etc.)
Please Note: Must cross-check France Visa Application Requirements from the embassy or official french government websites before submitting the visa application.