Iceland is a nomadic island country covering 103,000 km2 Europe and located along the North Atlantic Ocean. Iceland counted in small population countries it has just 356,991 total population, apart of that it is a beautiful country for tourism due to numerous astounding tourist attractions. If you also want to tour this splendid place, you need to know about Iceland visa application requirements. So this article covers all types of Iceland visas and their application requirements.
To pick the appropriate application requirements, you need to select an Iceland Schengen visa type according to your travel purpose, as a visit, study, or stay. After that, you will figure out the required documents and fulfill all Iceland visa application requirements accurately.
Since December 1996, when Iceland signed the Schengen agreement, we find prodigious applicants apply for Iceland Schengen visas every year. You can find European Union statistics below and perceive the number of applications for getting an Iceland visa for the past years.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
If you stick with this article, you will ready to submit your Iceland visa application by yourself, no need to hire an agency or third party for your application submission. This document briefs you regarding what are the application requirements for Iceland Schengen visa, types of Iceland visas, required documents, and much more.
Types of Iceland Schengen Visa:
There are the following types for which you can apply, select a visa type according to your trip plan.
- Iceland Tourist Visa.
- Iceland Visit Visa.
- Iceland Business Purpose Visa.
- Iceland Medical Visa.
- Iceland Visa for Official Delegation.
- Iceland Visa for Student.
- Iceland Airport Transit Visa.
- Iceland Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Iceland Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Iceland Visa for Children.
General Documents Requirments for Iceland Visa Application:
Find out the list of required documents which is necessary to apply for an Iceland visa application.
- The Iceland Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Iceland trip is ended, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you wish to visit Iceland and give further details on your trip.
- Round Trip Flight Itinerary: If must be with going or return dates.
- Schengen Travel Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking: A valid proof which shows accommodation in Iceland.
- Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: Which shows you have sufficient funds to complete the Iceland trip.
You can also verify the above documents list with “Iceland Directorate of Immigration“:
Data Source: utl.is
Employment-Based Required Documents For Iceland Schengen Visa:
To demand an Iceland visa, you need to attach the following documents with your visa application according to work status.
If an employed:
- Employment contract
- Bank statement for the latest Six months
- NOC from the company(No Objection Letter)
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Declaration of Income Tax
If a self-employed:
- Income tax return (ITR)
- Business license
- Company bank statement of the most latest six months
If a student:
- Evidence of enrollment
- Confirmation letter from university or college
If a retired person:
- Latest six months pension record
- Proof of regular income produced by the property for the latest six months
Please Note: All of the documents must submit by hand or use any verified service providers to deliver them. If the embassy did not get any required documents, then you may get visa rejection.
Additional Required Documents for Common Iceland Schengen Visa Types:
You may attach the following additional documents with your Iceland visa application for getting a higher visa approval chance.
Additional Required Documents For Iceland Visit / Tourist Visa:
- An invitation letter – from your Icelandic family, friends, and spouse
- Detailed Itinerary
- Six months latest bank statement
- Proof of sufficient financial means
Additional Required Documents for Iceland Business Visa:
- Previous Trade relationship letter between both companies
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
- Business bank statement of latest six months
- An invitation letter from the Icelandic company
- Permission certificate from the company for attending the business trip
- Certified copy of the article of association
Additional Documents for Iceland Official Delegations Visa:
- The official invitation letter
- Duration of stay
- Hotel Booking in Iceland
- Identity documents of the applicant
- Reason of the trip (negotiations, meetings, events by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
Additional Required Documents for Icelandic Citizen Husband/Wife Visa:
- Icelandic marriage certificate
- Icelandic family history book
- Icelandic citizenship proof
Additional Documents For Iceland Airport Transit Visa:
- An original valid visa
- Entry approval documents or an actual flight ticket for the chosen country
Additional Required Documents For Study Visa:
- University enrollment certificate from Icelandic university/college
- Means of Subsistence
- Acceptance Letter
Additional Required Documents for Iceland Medical Visa:
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- A medical report
- Medical attestation from the Icelandic hospital or doctor and appointment confirmation
Iceland Visa Documents for Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Complete List of Team members
- Invitation letter from the contest organizer or higher authorities in Iceland
- Detailed Itinerary
- Duration of stay
Additional Required Documents for Iceland Child Visa:
- Parental travel consent form: If any parent lives in another country.
- Parents income Proof.
- Travel permission letter from parents.
Please Note: Parents or guardians of under-age children should be available in the embassy or consulate at the time of the visa officer verification or processing.
Can I Apply for Iceland Schengen Visa Extention?
You can apply for an extension, but approval is rare and only given if any change will add after landing in Iceland.
How Can I Get Flight Itinerary for Iceland Schengen Visa Application?
If you are confused about how to obtain a verifiable flight itinerary for your Iceland visa application? You can reserve a verifiable flight itinerary from the following link.
How Can I Book Hotel Booking for Iceland Schengen Visa?
Always assign a valid hotel booking with your Iceland visa application. A valid hotel booking should be verifiable via hotel management by phone and email. You can get a determined hotel booking by using this link.