We are introducing this article to those foreign nationals living in Chicago and planning a trip to Italy. In that case, you ought to comprehend how to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from Chicago, Illinois.
So, here are the guidelines that narrate concerning the Italian visa application procedure from Chicago, about required documents and Italian visa types.
As per the record of the European Union, countless applicants apply for an Italian visa from the Italian General Consulate in Chicago, USA. Here is the latest statistic that elaborates how frequently the Italian embassy received the applications by the applicants in Chicago.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Do You Need to Apply for an Italian Schengen Visa from Chicago?
USA passport holders do not require to obtain a Schengen visa for the Italy vestibule. If you breathe as a foreign national of Chicago, you have instructed to apply for a Schengen visa for Italy.
Here are some tagged applicants from Chicago who need to bring Italian Schengen visas for making Italy entrance possible:
- Foreign living in Chicago(permanent or temporary residence permit) and their citizenship country have not yet inscribed the Schengen agreement with Europe for visa-free access.
- USA passport holders have restricted to an entryway without a Schengen visa.
- B1/B2 visitors currently inside Chicago need to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from your home country(not Chicago).
- Foreign living in Chicago and holding USA Green Card or Permanent Residence should apply for a Schengen visa.
You may visit this link to verify would you need a Schengen visa for entry to Italy or not.
Italian Visa Types That You Can Apply from Chicago, IL
You can pick any visa type according to your travel purpose to Italy.
- Italian Tourist Visa
- Italian Elective Residence Visa
- Italian Family Member of non-EU/EEA Citizen Visa
- Italian Business Visa
- The mission for family of USA Military Personnel Visa
- Italian Start-up Visa
- Italian Family Visit Visa
- Italian Religious / non-Catholic denominations Visa
- Italian Sport Visa
- Italian Airport Transit Visa
- Italian Medical Visa
- Italian Study/Research Visa
Checklist of Required Documents for Italian Visa Application from Chicago
All applicants must apply in person, and you will require the following required documents at the time of visa application submission.
- Italian visa application form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Italy trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport size pictures in color, 3×4 cm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting Italy?. and provide further details of your trip.
- Original plus one copy of Permanent Residence Card
- Verifiable round-trip reservation: It must have Italy going and return dates.
- Original plus one copy of Driver License or State ID
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region & Italy.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking: The actual proof of residence after landing in Italy.
- Proof of lodging for the entire trip and for all the countries you intend to visit.
- Return envelope
- Proof of Funds: Proof of sufficient financial assets in the U.S, latest bank statements.
- Schengen visa fee payment receipt.
- Consent to send by mail
Find more about Italian visa mandated documents from “conschicago.esteri.it“.
How To Apply for Italian Schengen Visa from Chicago (Step-by-Step Procedure)
Here are the complete steps for applying for an Italian visa from Chicago.
1) Go to “conschicago.esteri.it“
2) Review will you need an Italian Schengen visa or not?
You can check the Schengen visa requirement from Chicago by using this link “vistoperitalia.esteri.it”
3) Fill out the Italian visa application form
Complete the Italy visa application form nicely. Please remember application form must be dated and signed in front of the visa officer.
4) Arrange all required documents
After filling out the Italian visa application form, you need to manage all required documents appropriately. The same documents which we already mentioned above.
5) Book your Italian visa appointment
All applicants must attend the interview in person, submitting the photographs and biometric fingers. If you wish to book the appointment, you may contact the Italian Consulate Chicago or use this link for appointment booking.
6) Pay Schengen visa fee and attend the interview
Take care of visa application fees with you at the time of the interview. You may need to pay fees in person at the embassy.
Contact Consulate General of Italy Chicago, IL
You may contact the Italian Consulate regarding an appointment and general queries.
Phone: 312 467 1550 ext 807
Address: Consulate General of Italy 500 North Michigan Avenue Suite 1850 Chicago IL 60611