This article helps you to get information about Lithuania Schengen visa requirements. If you want to travel to Lithuania, you need to apply for Lithuanian Schengen Visa.
If you are going to visit, work, study, or reside in Lithuania permanently, you will need to apply for a different Lithuanian Schengen visa for all of the above.
Are you interested in applying for Lithuania Schengen Visa? Need Lithuania Schengen visa requirements? You are landing in the right place.
Here you will get all information about the Lithuania Schengen visa like where to, how-to, and what are the requirements for applying for a Schengen visa?
What Are The Required Documents for Lithuania Schengen visa Application?
Firstly, you need to download the application form. Please try to fill the form honestly. You can also fill the Lithuania Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
Two Photos: the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
Passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least three months beyond the return date – are required. Your Passport must have at least two blank pages.
A verifiable flight reservation for your visa application must be round-trip. An original airline ticket is not necessary for just the visa application process and is not recommends by the embassy or consulate. You can get a Confirmed flight itinerary for your visa Lithuanian visa application by clicking below.
Travel medical insurance for you and your family (if traveling along with you) safe travel journey with confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Lithuania and the entire Schengen area. If you want to get European recognized travel health insurance, please click here.
A Cover Letter which states your purpose why you want to travel to Lithuania.
The applicant explains the following things in the Schengen Visa Cover Letter:
- The Intention of traveling to the Schengen state/states.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children.
- Death certificate of spouse.
- Ration card (if applicable).
- Relation with a sponsor (if any) and the sponsorship reasons.
- Overview of the applicant’s flight itinerary.
- In case the applicant fails to produce a document, then he tells the reasons and explains the alternative documents (that he/she might have submitted).
Hotel Reservation: for the whole duration of the intended stay in Lithuania. You can get a valid hotel booking for a visa application by clicking below.
Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
Means of subsistence – It intends proof to the Lithuanian Embassy or office that the candidate has a sufficient amount of financial resources to shoulder his/her consumptions during his stay in the Schengen nation. The candidate will undoubtedly authenticate the Lithuanian Consulate or Embassy that he has everyday money comparable to 40€.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest Six months
- No-objection certificate from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest Six months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest Six months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest Six months
Please Note: The signed application form must be accompanied by the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally to the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, they should ask about additional documentation concerning your visa category or travel purpose.
Source Data: renkuosilietuva.lt
Additional documents required for Lithuanian Schengen visa application
Lithuania Schengen Visa Requirements for Tourist/Visitor
- Letter of Sponsorship/Invitation Letter with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last six months
- Passport copies
Lithuania Schengen Visa Requirements for Business:
- Invitation letter of Lithuania company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- Proof of the previous relationships between two or more Lithuania companies.
- Business bank statement of the latest Six months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint-stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Coverage of expenses letter which shows your stay expenses in the Schengen zone.
Lithuania Schengen Visa Requirements for Medical Purposes:
- Medical report
- Report attestation proof of Lithuania hospital or doctor.
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Lithuania Schengen Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious :
- Invitation letter which shows the nature of activity plus your coverage of expenses during the stay
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Flight itinerary
Lithuania Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of the journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Lithuania Schengen Visa Requirements for Study, internship, and research
- University Enrollment Certificate
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial statements
Lithuania Schengen Visa Requirements For The Wife/Husband of a Lithuanian citizen:
- Proof of Lithuanian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Lithuanian nationality or naturalization order)
- Lithuanian marriage certificate
- Lithuanian family record book
Lithuania Schengen Visa Requirments for Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or entry permit
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Lithuania Schengen Visa Requirments for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parents regular income
- Notarized travel permission from the parent.
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
Please Note: When applying at the Lithuanian embassy/consulate in the home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Can I Apply Online For Lithuania Schengen Visa?
Yes, you can apply directly via the official web page of VRM.
Can I Extend my Lithuanian Schengen Visa Limit?
Yes, you can apply for an extension, but very few can allow this extension on the reasons and proof of statements.