If you have USA citizenship or hold a USA passport, you do not need to get a Schengen visa to visit France. But if you are living in Miami as a foreign inhabitant, then you get a Schengen visa for travel to France. So, all you need to learn is how to get a French Schengen visa from Miami?, the required documents for a French Schengen visa, and how to apply for a French Schengen visa from Miami.
In this article, we present stages to applying for a France Schengen visa from Miami and furnishing a list of required documents for the French visa application.
Will You Need Schengen Visa for Landing France or Not?
United States passport holders do not need to obtain a Schengen visa for European entry. If you are a foreign national of the United States, you would be mandated to apply for a Schengen visa for France.
Here are some categorized aliens who need to get Schengen visa for making Europe/France access possible:
- Alien living in Miami(permanent or temporary residence permit) and their citizenship country have not yet signed the Schengen agreement with Europe for visa-free entry.
- USA passport holders have not allowed entering Europe without a Schengen visa.
- B1/B2 visitors currently inside Miami need to apply for a French Schengen visa from your home country(not Miami).
- Internationals living in Miami and holding USA Green Card or Permanent Residence need to apply for a Schengen visa.
Visit France officials to discern will you need a Schengen visa or not? by reading from here.
Types of French Schengen Visas You can Apply From Miami:
You can choose any visa type according to your travel purpose to France.
- French Tourist Visa
- French Business Visa
- French Family Visit Visa
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Medical Visa
- French Study/Research Visa
Required Documents to Applying for French Schengen Visa From Miami:
If you want to submit a French visa application yourself, you will attach the following documents with your visa application.
- Fill out the online French visa application form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your France trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport size pictures in color, 45mm X 35mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting France?. and provide further details of your trip.
- Letter of Evidence from concerning institute that proves your work in France like an Employment letter, Trade license, and study enrollment letter.
- Pre-booked round-trip ticket: It must have France going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking: The actual proof of residence after landing in France.
- Proof of Funds: Proof of sufficient financial assets in the U.S, latest bank statements.
- Schengen visa fee payment receipt.
You can retrieve more apprehension regarding French visa required documents from “france-visas.gouv.fr“.
Utterly Steps for Applying French Schengen Visa from Miami:
If you want to apply for a French visa from Miami, you should heed the following steps:
1) Go to “france-visas.gouv.fr“
2) Examine do you need a France visa or not?
You can check eligibility using this link succeed with details, and it will promote you do need a visa or not. It will also show the list of the required documents concerning your details.
3) Fill out the France visa application form
Complete an online French visa application form and arrange the broach required documents.
4) Book your French visa appointment
As the Embassy/Consulate of France in Miami no longer handles visa applications, the only option is to book a France visa appointment using VFS.
5) Pay France Schengen visa fee
Embassies are accepted visa fees online. If an online payment service is not available, bring the visa application fee along with you at the time of the visa interview.
6) Attend your visa Interview at VAC
Go for attending the visa interview where you schedule it. Please arrive at the visa application center on time and bring all required documents besides you.
7) Track your French visa application status
After your interview, you can track your visa application progress using this link.
8) Received your passport
You will get your passport from the embassy directly or via parcel service(if you hire someone).
Contact Details of Consulate General of France in Miami
As the consulate general of France, not working in Miami, you need to contact VFS Global office in Miami for appointment and visa requirements inquiries.
Address: VFS Global address in Miami: 2655 S Le Jeune Rd, Coral Gables Penthouse 1-A, MIAMI, FL 33134.
Call: 1 212 784 6157 or 1 347 252 3055