If someone plans to travel over any Schengen country, the main trouble will countenance to find application requirements for a particular country. Likewise, if someone plans a trip to Belgium, he/she will require Belgium Schengen visa application requirements.
Therefore, this article helps those travelers who are interested in a plan to travel toward Belgium. This article will find a complete guide for dressing all Belgium Schengen visa requirements.
Before that, we highly recommended visiting the Schengen visa requirements first, by using this link.
Belgium is the most famous and beautiful country located in western Europe. Belgium is officially known as the kingdom of Belgium. It has covered an area of 11,849 sq mi and has more than 11.5 million population. It is considered the 6th biggest engrossed country in Europe and 22nd biggest occupied country in the world. Brussels is the capital city of Belgium, and the following major cities of Belgium are:
Belgium is the most developed country in Europe, where people are living with quality of life, education, and healthcare. Belgium ranked as the safest country in the entire world.
Belgium is a big ball that gathers different types of communities in one place. These communities are divergent for culture, tradition, and languages.
There are the following official languages of Belgium:
Most of the travelers visited Belgium for its tourist attraction places some are listed below:
- Grand Place
- The Canals and Belfry of Bruges
- The Battlefields of Flanders
- Ghent’s Gravensteen and Old Town
- Horta Museum and Town Houses
- Cathedral of Saint Bavo, Ghent
- Basilica of the Holy Blood, Bruges
- Meuse Valley
All over the world, millions of people travel to visit Belgium every year to exploring this Alluring piece of the world.
You can prove this above statement from the statistic of the European Union.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
Source Data: europa.eu
Now! let’s get started discussing Belgium Schengen visa requirements.
Will I need a Schengen visa to enter Belgium?
Yes, you will necessitate applying for a Schengen visa if you are from the following:
- If you are from a third-world country that will not sign a visa repose agreement with Europe.
- Your country signs a liberalization agreement, but you were not allowed to enter Belgium.
- You need a Schengen visa if you are not a citizen of a third-world country that signed the Agreement.
Documents required for entry to Belgium
You want to enter great Belgium land then, you have to show legal documents to the border officer for verification.
There are the following documents you must need before reaching Belgium:
- A valid Passport: visa must be valid for at least three months after ending your trip date.
- A Visa – (if applicable)
Having these documents is not necessary to enter Belgium. You must go through an interview session with a border officer.
Here are the following questions that the border officer may ask:
- The purpose of visiting Belgium?
- Duration to stay in Belgium?
- Where are you going to stay in Belgium?
Please Note: Passing the interview session is necessary for entry in Belgium. Moreover, you have all documents, and you are unable to pass the interview, you may not allow entering Belgium.
Types of Schengen visas for entry in Belgium?
Selection of visa type purely depends on your visit purpose to Belgium. Please select your visa type according to your visit purpose.
There are the following types of Belgium Schengen visas:
- Belgium Airport Transit Visa: applying for this visa when you need to travel from Belgium airports to your home destination country.
- Belgium Tourist Visa: will you want to explore the world’s epic land for spending your holidays?, must apply for this Belgium tourist visa.
- Belgium Visitor Visa: if you want to visit your relatives, friends who are living in Belgium, then you need to apply for a Belgium visit visa.
- Belgium Business Visa: If you have some business activities in Belgium, you need to apply for a Belgium business visa.
- Belgium Official Visit Visa: for delegations traveling to Belgium on official visits.
- Belgium Medical Visa: want to treat yourself in world-class Belgium hospitals then, apply for a Belgium medical visa.
- Belgium Student Visa: go to start studies at Belgium’s top-class universities, you need to apply for a Belgium student visa.
- Belgium Visa for Cultural, Sports and Film Crews: for people wishing to attend an activity in the cultural or sports field, which takes place in Belgium.
What are the required documents for the Belgium Schengen visa application?
For making entry possible in Belgium, you need to apply for a Schengen visa first. You can apply at the Belgium embassy with the following required documents:
Two passport size photographs: Not older than at least three months.
Your passport: Must be valid for three months after your trip is ended, not older than ten years.
Copy of previous visas(if applicable).
Language selection Form: If you want to proceed with your application, select any three official languages(Dutch, French, or German), otherwise write no preferences.
A cover letter: Explain why you wish to visit Belgium and give further details on your trip.
Round trip flight reservation: Having verifiable legs for entry or exit of Belgium.
Schengen Travel Health Insurance: This certificate covers your medical expenses during the whole trip. It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen zone.
Hotel Booking: Need to submit proof of accommodation, booking of place to stay after arrival in Belgium.
Proof of civil status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
Proof of sufficient financial means: Evidence of means of support during your stay and your accommodation.
Find Belgium Schengen visa requirements from the “European Union”.
Source Data: Europa.eu
Employment-Based Schengen visa requirements for Belgium
If you have an employment status, you need to submit some supplementary documents to support your visa application process.
If an employee:
- Employment contract
- Bank statement for the freshest Six months
- No objection letter/NOC from the company
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax.
If a self-employer:
- Business license copy
- Company bank statement of the freshest six months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student/scholar:
- Proof of enrolment
- Acceptance letter form university or college
If a retired person:
- Freshest six months pension statement
- Proof of regular income generated by the property for the last six months
Additional documents requirements for minors Belgium Schengen Visa
If you need to apply for minors, you need to attach some extra documents with your Belgium visa application.
There are the following additional documents are:
- Birth certificate
- Application form signed by both parents.
- Family court order
- Attested copies of ID/passport of both parents.
- An Attested parental authorization
Additional requirements for entry-purpose Belgium Schengen Visa
You need to select a Belgium Schengen visa based on your visit purpose, but you need to submit some additional documents along with your visa application.
Additional required documents for Belgium Transit Schengen Visa
You need to attach the following additional documents for a Belgium airport transit visa:
- A valid visa
- Flight ticket for the destined country.
Additional required documents for Belgium Tourist Schengen Visa
If you want to visit Belgium for exploring and spending your holidays, then you need to attach the following additional documents with your Belgium visa application:
- Six months of Bank statement.
- Travel Itinerary
- Proof of how you will be financing your trip to Belgium.
Additional required documents for Belgium Visit Schengen Visa
If you want to meet with your relatives, friends, or family members, then you must apply for a Belgium visit visa along with the following additional documents:
- Proof of financial means
- The bank account statement
- Proof of sponsorship. If someone already in Belgium and want to put your expenses then, he/she will provide evidence with the following documents:
- A formal obligation.
- Three guarantor solvency official proof.
- Guarantor ID Card.
- Residence certificate.
- Travel Itinerary
- Letter of Invitation
Additional required documents for Belgium Bussiness Schengen Visa
If you are going to Belgium for business activities, you need to submit some additional documents with your Belgium business visa application.
- Company Invitation Letter
- Current employer leaving certificate.
- Business bank statement.
- Article of Association.
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
Additional required documents for Belgium Student Schengen Visa
If you want to study in Belgium, you need to apply for a Belgium student visa. Must attach the following additional documents with your visa application.
- An enrolment certificate.
- Acceptance Letter
Additional required documents for Belgium Medical Schengen Visa
To start medical treatment in Belgium, you must need to apply for a Belgium medical visa.
There are the following documents need to submit with a Belgium medical visa:
- A medical report.
- Medical attestation from the hospital.
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- Official treatment confirmation letter
- Proof that you have sufficient financial means to pay the medical expenses and other related expenses throughout their treatment.
Additional required documents for Belgium Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Schengen Visa
If you are going to attend any Belgium traditional drama or event, you need to apply for a Belgium visa along with the following documents:
- Event Details. like:
- Invitation letter
- Entry tickets to the event
- Enrolment conditions
- Detailed program of the event in Belgium
- Crew member names.
- Proof of previous performances
Additional required documents for Belgium Husband/wife Schengen Visa – Belgium citizen
- Belgian citizenship proof
- Belgian marriage certificate.
- Belgian family record book.
Additional required documents for Belgium Official Delegations Visa
- The official invitation letter.
- Proof for the trip (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations).
How to Apply for a Belgium Schengen Visa?
To proceed with your short-stay visa application, you need to follow these steps:
- You need to check where you can apply for a visa application.
- Select Belgium visa type according to your visit purpose.
- Arrange all Required documents for Belgium Schengen visa application.
- Make a visa appointment with the Belgium Embassy/Consulate from your home country.
- Attend the visa interview at the appropriate Belgium Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
Where can I Apply for a Belgium Schengen visa?
It entirely depends on Belgium’s higher authorities, how they work under your residence country. You can submit your application from the following entity:
- Belgium embassy at your home country
- Belgium consulates
- A Visa Application Center
- The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country to which Belgium has outsourced visa submission
In how much time will I get a Belgium Schengen visa?
The visa application processing time will depend on the embassy or consulate’s working style.
You can get a visa in the following time periods:
- Take 15 days for a normal situation.
- Take 30 days for the high number of applications.
- Take 60 days for extraordinary conditions.
What is the cost for a short-stay Belgium Visa?
If you are going to apply for a Belgium short-stay visa, you will cost accordingly.
Belgium visa for adult traveler= 80 Euros
Belgium visa for children(between 6-12 years)= 40 Euros
Belgium visa for children(under six years)= FREE
Will my Belgium visa extendable?
Yes, but in very few cases, generally when some conditions or facts changed after you arriving Belgium.