We prepare this article for those who want to travel to Malta and looking for malta visa application requirements. In the document, we are targeting people who want to apply for a malta visa by themselves.
Selecting the Maltese visa type is the initial step for submitting a Maltese Schengen visa application that means you need to first select the visa type accordingly to your travel purpose. Your travel purpose would be to study, business, visit, or medical please choose malta Schengen visa type respectively.
Since 16 April 2003, when Malta signed the Schengen agreement, massive applications are recorded for Malta Schengen visas every year. According to European Union statistics, the Maltese visa application approval rate is more than 60%, but it is essential to apply accurately and precisely.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
We assure if you are still here, you will find general malta visa application requirements, knowing about required documents for malta visa, types of malta visa, and how to apply/submit for malta visa application.
What are the types of Maltese Visas?
Please select the appropriate malta visa type according to your travel purpose.
- Malta Tourist / Visit Visa.
- Malta Medical Visa.
- Malta Visa for Official Delegation.
- Malta Business Visa.
- Malta Visa for Student.
- Malta Airport Transit Visa.
- Malta Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Malta Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Malta Visa for Children.
Required documents for Malta Visa application:
You must need to attach the following required documents with your Maltese Schengen visa application.
- The Maltese Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Malta trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting Malta? and provide further details of your trip.
- Flight Reservation: It must have Malta going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking – the actual proof of residence after landing in Malta.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: This shows you have sufficient funds to complete the trip.
Required documents for Work/Employment Maltese Visa:
To demanding a Malta visa, you need to attach the following documents with your visa application according to your working status.
If an employed:
- Bank statement for the latest Six months
- No objection letter
- Employment contract
- Income tax return (ITR)
If a self-employed:
- Income tax return (ITR)
- Business license
- Company bank statement of latest 6 months
If a student:
- Evidence of enrollment
- Confirmation letter from university or college
- No objection letter
If a retired person:
- Latest 6 months pension history
- Proof of regular income generated by the property for the latest 6 months
Please Note: All documents must deliver by hand or use any authentic service providers to deliver them. If the Maltese embassy did not get any required documents, then you may get a visa rejection.
Most common types of Maltese Visas additional documents:
Here we create a list of additional documents for the most commonly used Malta visas. You can attach the below mention documents for increasing visa approval chance.
Additional documents for Maltese Visit / Tourist Schengen Visa:
- An invitation letter – from your Maltese family, friends, and spouse.
- Detailed itinerary
- 6 months latest bank statement
- Proof of sufficient financial funds
- All passport copies
- The paper that proves your relationship with the person living in Malta
Additional documents for Maltese Official Delegations Schengen Visa:
- The official invitation letter
- Identity documents of the applicant
- Reason of the trip (negotiations, meetings, events by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Proof of accommodation in Malta
- Duration of trip
Additional documents for Maltese Husband / Wife Visa:
- Maltese marriage certificate
- Maltese family history book
- Maltese citizenship proof
Additional documents for Malta Study Visa:
- University enrollment certificate from Maltese university/college
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Acceptance Letter
- Courses completion letter
Additional documents for Malta Airport Transit Schengen Visa:
- Visa of the destined country
- Valid Passport
- Entry documents and an actual flight ticket for the destinated country
Additional documents for Maltese Business Visa:
- An invitation letter from the Maltese company
- Employer permission letter that allows you to travel to Malta
- Certified copy of the article of association
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
Additional required documents for Maltese Medical Schengen Visa:
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- A local medical report
- Medical attestation from the Maltese hospital/doctor.
- Appointment letter
Malta Visa documents for Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Complete crew list
- Invitation letter from the Maltese contest organizer
- Entry Tickets
- Detailed itinerary
- Duration of stay
- Evidence of previous performances
Additional documents for Malta Children Schengen Visa:
- Birth certificate
- Application form sign by both parents
- Parental travel consent form – if any parent lives in another country
- Parents income Proof
- Attested Travel permission letter from parents
- Both parents Passport or identification documents
How to apply for a Malta Schengen Visa?
- Search where you need to apply ( Nearest Malta’s diplomatic missions / Visa Office)
- Select the type of Maltese visa for which you want to apply
- Fill the application form
- Attach all required documents
- Book your visa appointment at the Maltese embassy or consulate
- Attend the interview
- Wait for the final result
Where to apply for a Maltese Schengen Visa?
You can submit your visa application to Malta’s diplomatic missions, and you can use any online service like VFS Malta.
Can I apply for a Maltese Visa Extention?
You can appeal for a Malta Schengen visa extension, but Extention is rare and only given if any changes will add after landing in Malta.
How to get a flight itinerary for the Malta Schengen Visa Application?
You can book a verifiable dummy flight ticket from the following link.
How to get a hotel booking for the Malta Schengen Visa Application?
You can get a confirmed hotel booking by using this link.