If you want to move Norway, you will need to apply for a Schengen visa, and for getting a Norway Schengen visa, you will need to know about Norway visa application requirements. We made this article for those who need to apply for a Norway visa by themselves and don’t want to waste hard-earned money behind consultants or agencies. This article presented substantial knowledge about types and required documents for the Norwegian Schengen visa.
To continuing your Noway Schengen visa application, you need to first pick a visa type according to your travel persistence. Your travel purpose may be study, business, or medical-related, afterward figure out the exact Norway visa application requirements for your selected visa type and submit the application to the Norwegian embassy.
Since 19 December 1996, when Norway signed the Schengen agreement, comprehensive applications are listed for Norway Schengen visas every year. According to European Union statistics, the Norwegian visa application approval rate is more than 60%, but it is essential to apply thoroughly and perfectly.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
In this reading, you will find general Noway visa application requirements, knowing about required documents for Norwegian visa, types of Norway visa, and how to apply/submit Norway Schengen visa application?
What are the types of Norwegian Visas?
Please select the proper Norway visa type according to your travel purpose.
- Norway Business Visa.
- Norway Visa for Student.
- Norway Airport Transit Visa.
- Norway Tourist / Visit Visa.
- Norway Medical Visa.
- Norway Visa for Official Delegation.
- Norway Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Norway Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Norway Visa for Underage Children.
Required documents for the Norway Schengen Visa application:
You must need to attach the following required documents with your Norway Schengen visa application.
- The Norway Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Noway journey is performed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting Norway and provide further details of your trip.
- Flight Booking Reservation: It must have Norway going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Proof of Accommodation: The actual proof of residence after landing in Norway.
- Means of Subsistence: This shows you have sufficient funds to complete the Norway trip.
Required documents for Employment-Based Noway Visa:
To requiring a Norwegian visa, you need to attach the following documents with your visa application according to your working standing.
If an employed:
- Bank statement for the latest Six months
- No objection letter
- Employment contract
- Income tax return (ITR)
If a self-employed:
- Income tax return (ITR)
- Business license
- Company bank statement of latest 6 months
If a student:
- Evidence of enrollment
- Confirmation letter from Norwegian university or college
- No objection letter
If a retired person:
- Latest 6 months pension history
- Proof of regular income generated by the property for the latest 6 months
Please Note: All papers must transfer by hand or use any official service providers to deliver them. If the Norwegian embassy did not get any required documents, then you may get a visa rejection.
Additional required documents for Norway Schengen visas:
Here we build a list of additional documents for the most commonly used Norway visas. You can attach the below mention documents for improving visa approval chance.
Additional documents for Norwegian Visit / Tourist Schengen Visa:
- An Invitation Letter – from your Norwegian family, friends, and spouse.
- 6 months latest bank statement
- Proof of sufficient financial funds
- All passport copies
- The paper that proves your relationship with the person living in Norway(Sponsor)
Additional documents for Norwegian Official Delegations Schengen Visa:
- The official invitation letter
- Identity documents of the applicant
- Reason of the trip (negotiations, meetings, events by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Hotel Booking for Norway trip
- Duration of trip & details
Additional documents for Norwegian Husband / Wife Visa:
- Norwegian marriage certificate
- Norwegian family history
- Norwegian citizenship proof
Additional documents for Norway Study Visa:
- University enrollment certificate from the Norwegian university/college
- Proof of sufficient funds for living in Norway
- Approval Letter from the Norwegian institute
- Courses completion letter
Additional documents for Norway Airport Transit Schengen Visa:
- Valid visa of the destined country
- Valid passport
- Entry documents and an actual flight ticket for the destinated country
Additional documents for Norway Business Visa:
- An invitation letter from the Norwegian company
- Employer permission letter that allows you to travel to Norway
- Certified copy of the article of association & memorandum
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
- Sponsorship details must be mention inside the invitation letter
Additional required documents for Norway Medical Schengen Visa:
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- A local medical report
- Medical attestation from the Norwegian hospital/doctor.
- Appointment letter
Norway Visa documents for Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Complete crew list
- Invitation letter from the Norway contest organizer
- Entry Tickets
- Flight reservation
- Duration of stay
- Evidence of previous performances
Additional documents for Norway Underage Children Visa:
- Children birth certificate
- Application form sign by both parents
- Parental travel consent form – if any parent lives in another country
- Parents income Proof
- Attested Travel permission letter from parents
- Both parents passport or identification documents
How to apply for a Norwegian Schengen Visa?
- Search where you need to submit for Norway Visa application(Embassy / VFS Services)
- Select the type of Norway visa for which you want to apply
- Fill the application form
- Attach all required documents
- Book your visa appointment at the Norwegian embassy/consulate
- Attend the interview
- Wait for the final result
Can I apply for a Norway Visa Extention?
You can request a Norway Schengen visa extension, but the extension is rare and only given if any changes will add after landing in Norway.
How to get a verifiable flight itinerary for the Norway Visa Application?
You can book a verifiable dummy flight ticket from the following link.
How to get a hotel booking for the Norway Visa Application?
You can get a confirmed hotel booking by using this link.