Visiting Portugal is a plausible dream if you want to travel to Portugal and need to cunning Portugal visa application requirements, then this is the virtuous place. In this article, we chew over Portugal Schengen visa application requirements, encircle required documents needed for a Portugal visa, and the type of Portugal visa.
To introduce Portugal visa application submission, you need to hand-pick the Portugal visa type according to your trip purpose. You can select any visa types like study, visit, medical, or business Portugal visa for traveling. Subsequently, you need to submit your visa application accompanying the required documents at the Portugal embassy.
Since 25 June 1991, after Portugal signed the Schengen agreement, sizeable applications acquiesce for Portugal Schengen visas every year. According to European Union statistics, the Portugal visa application endorsement rate is more than 60%, but it is compelling to apply decently and flawlessly.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
In this abstract, you will find satisfactory Portugal visa application requirements, seizing about required documents for Portugal visas, the types of Portugal visas, and how to apply/submit Portugal Schengen visa application?
What are the types of Portugal Visa?
Decide the Portugal visa type according to your travel determination.
- Portugal Business Visa.
- Portugal Visa for Student.
- Portugal Airport Transit Visa.
- Portugal Tourist / Visit Visa.
- Portugal Medical Visa.
- Portugal Visa for Official Delegation.
- Portugal Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Portugal Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Portugal Visa for Underage Children.
Required documents for the Portugal Schengen Visa application:
You must need to attach the following lacked documents with your Portugal Schengen visa application.
- The Portugal Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Portugal journey is finished, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting Portugal and provide further details of your trip.
- Flight Itinerary Reservation: It must have Portugal and going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking: The actual proof of residence after landing in Portugal.
- Means of Subsistence: This shows you have sufficient funds to complete the Portugal tour.
Required documents for Employment/Work-Based Portugal Visa:
To obtain a Portugal visa, you oblige to attach the following documents with your visa application according to your working condition.
If an employed:
- Bank statement for the latest Six months
- No objection letter
- Employment contract
- Income tax return (ITR)
If a self-employed:
- Income tax return (ITR)
- Business license
- Company bank statement of latest Six months
If a student:
- Evidence of enrollment
- Acceptance letter from Portugal university or college
- No objection letter
If a retired person:
- Latest Six months pension history
- Proof of regular income generated by the property for the latest Six months
Please Note: All required documents must convey by hand or use by any certain service providers to deliver them. If the Portugal embassy did not get any required documents, then you may get a visa rejection.
Additional required documents for Portugal Schengen visa:
Here we create a list of supplementary documents for the most regularly used Portugal visas. You can append the below-mentioned documents for gaining a visa approval chance.
Additional documents for Portugal Husband / Wife Visa:
- Portugal marriage certificate
- Portugal family history
- Portugal citizenship proof
Additional documents for Portugal Study Visa:
- University enrollment certificate from the Portugal university/college
- Proof of sufficient funds for living in Portugal
- Approval Letter from the Portugal institute
- Courses completion letter
Additional documents for Portugal Airport Transit Schengen Visa:
- Valid visa of the destined country
- Valid passport
- Entry documents and an actual flight ticket for the destinated country
Additional documents for Portugal Business Visa:
- An invitation letter from the Portugal company
- Employer permission letter that allows you to travel to Portugal
- Certified copy of the article of association and memorandum
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
- Sponsorship details must be mention inside the invitation letter
Additional required documents for Portugal Medical Schengen Visa:
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- A local medical report
- Medical attestation from the Portugal hospital/doctor.
- Commitment letter
Additional documents for Portugal Visit / Tourist Schengen Visa:
- An Invitation Letter – from your Portugal family, friends, and spouse.
- Six months latest bank statement
- Proof of sufficient funds for the trip
- All passport copies
- The paper that proves your relationship with the person living in Portugal(Sponsorship letter)
Additional documents for Portugal Official Delegations Schengen Visa:
- The official invitation letter
- Identity documents of the applicant
- Reason of the trip (negotiations, meetings, events by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Hotel Booking for Portugal trip
- Duration of trip & details
Portugal Visa documents for Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Complete crew list
- Invitation letter from the Portugal contest organizer
- Entry Tickets
- Flight Itinerary
- Duration of stay
- Evidence of preceding performances
Additional documents for Portugal Underage Children Visa:
- Children birth certificate
- Application form sign by both parents
- Parental travel consent form – if any parent lives in another country
- Parents income Proof
- Attested Travel permission letter from parents
- Both parents passport or identification documents
How to apply for a Portugal Schengen Visa?
- Search where you need to submit for Portugal Visa application(Portugal Embassy / VFS Services)
- Select the type of Portugal visa for which you want to apply
- Fill the Portugal visa application form
- Attach all required documents
- Book your visa appointment at the Portugal embassy/consulate
- Attend the interview
- Wait for the final result
Can I apply for a Portugal Visa Extention?
You can request a Portugal Schengen visa extension, but the extension is unique and only specify if any changes will add after landing in Portugal.
How to get a flight itinerary for the Portugal Schengen Visa Application?
You can book a verifiable flight reservation from the following link.
How to get a hotel booking for the Portugal Schengen Visa Application?
You can get a confirmed hotel booking by using this link.