In this article, we are elaborate on how Nigerian passport holders can apply for a Portugal Schengen visa from Nigeria?. We are also acquiring the required document for the Portugal Schengen visa and step-by-step procedure to get a Portugal visa in Nigeria.
So if you are wondering about your Portugal Schengen visa application and looking for help regarding application processing steps or need to know about the required documents to attach with the application, we dedicate this document to you.
As per the European Union’s recent statistics, we found the portion of Portugal Schengen visa acceptance from Nigeria is vital.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of Portugal Schengen Visa You Can Apply from Nigeria
If you want to apply for a Portugal visa, please determine the Schengen visa type according to your travel.
- Portugal Tourist / Visit Schengen Visa.
- Portugal Medical Schengen Visa.
- Portugal Visa for Official Delegation.
- Portugal Business Visa.
- Portugal Visa for Student.
- Portugal Airport Transit Visa.
- Portugal Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Portugal Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Portugal Visa for Children.
Required Document of Applying for Portugal Schengen Visa from Nigeria
Here is the list of the following required documents that need to arrange before applying for a Portugal visa from Nigeria.
- Portugal Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Portugal trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: One recent (less than 6 months old) passport-size photo in color with good coincidence (3.5 cm/4.5 cm).
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you prefer to visit Portugal and give further details of your trip.
- Flight Itinerary/Reservation: It must have Portugal going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen Zone/Portugal.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth documents of children, death papers of the spouse, etc.
- Hotel Booking: the actual proof of accommodation after landing in Portugal.
- Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: indicate that you can handle all expenses of the Portugal trip.
Required documents in the case of employment:
- Letter from your company verifying your leave for that period
- Payslips covering the last 3 months
- Personal tax clearance
- Personal bank records covering the last 3 months
- Tax clearance
- Personal bank statements covering the last 3 months
- Confirmation letter from school or university
- Invitation letter
Steps for Apply Portugal Schengen Visa From Nigeria
You can submit a Portugal visa application near the application center/embassy, but we recommend VFSGLOBAL.
1) Go to VFSGLOBAL’s official website.
After redirecting on VFS official website, please enter applying from(Nigeria) and go to(Portugal) the country name.
2) Choose the visa type
It is dominant to choose Portugal visa type first for knowing about visa application details(like Fees, required documents, etc.)
You can choose your visa type by clicking here.
3) Download the form and start your application
You can download the Schengen visa application form from here. After filling the form, carry it with you to the visa application center with all required documents.
4) Book your appointment
After filling the form, you need to book the visa interview appointment at the visa application center using this link.
You can book your appointment by clicking on the “book now” button and following after steps carefully.
After redirection on the appointment booking page, you need to create an account for signing in.
After that, please follow the instructions to complete the visa appointment booking.
5) Pay Visa Application Fees
You need to pay Schengen visa application fees at the time of the visa interview/appointment.
You will have to pay the Visa fee at the Visa Application Centre Online and POS.
Please Note: Read Schengen visa and VFS fees carefully.
6) Visit a Visa Application Center
If you apply for an online booking system, you can visit VAC on the mentioned timings in person.
7) Track your visa application process
If you are proceeding Portugal visa application via VFSGLOBAL, you can track your application using this link.
You can also be notified via email/phone if your application status will change.
8) Received your passport
After a visa application determination has been made, you can pluck up your passport from the Visa Application Centre.
You need the following documents for collecting your passport:
- Bring the receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre
- Form of Government identification