If you want to travel to Europe and visit Denmark, you need to apply for a Denmark visa first. Concerning a Denmark visa, you need to know the Schengen visa application requirements for Denmark.
In this article, you will find that what are the application requirements for a Denmark Schengen visa?. This article also assists with the different types of Schengen visa for Denmark as well as required documents.
So, If you travel to Denmark for a visit, study, business, or tourism, you need to apply for a Denmark Schengen visa, respectively. Read this article thoroughly and educate yourself on applying for a Denmark visa, and also about Denmark Schengen visa application requirements.
Now let’s get the start.
Denmark is officially known as the Kingdom of Denmark, located in northern Europe. It has covered an area of 16,580 sq mi and has a more than 5.83 million population.
People of Denmark joy a high standard of living. Denmark ranked highest concerning educational and medical facilities its most developed infrastructure made it a more attractive place for visitors from over the world.
The major cities of Denmark are:
Numerous speaking languages make it more engaging for the visitor because they will create fortuity to language exposure.
The following languages are speaking in Denmark:
- Danish(official Language)
Since 19 December 1996, after signing the Agreement and becomes a member state of the Schengen area, million of applicants apply for a Denmark Schengen visa every year. Every year millions of travelers visit Denmark for possessing the most attractive tourist places of Denmark.
Here are some famous places in Denmark:
- Tivoli Gardens
- The National Gallery of Denmark
- Christiansborg Palace
- LEGO House
- Oresund Bridge
Below are the last three years’ statistics, which show the frequency of applying for the Denmark Schengen visa.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
Now let discover the application requirements for the Denmark visa.
What Are Denmark Visa Types?
- Denmark Tourist/Visit Visa
- Denmark Business Visa
- Denmark Medical Visa
- Denmark Airport Transit Visa
- Denmark Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes
- Denmark Visa For Minors(under-age children)
- Official Delegation Denmark Visa
- Denmark Visa for Study, Research, or Educational Training
Who Will Apply For Denmark Schengen Visa?
You need to get a Schengen visa for Denmark if you are from the following:
- Citizen or Passport holder of Non-Visa Free Zone/Third World Country.
- Non-Citizen of the Nordic country.
- Non-Citizen of EU/EAA country.
- Your Home Country has not Signed a Schengen visa agreement.
- Non-family member of EU/EAA.
What Are The Required Documents For Denmark Schengen Visa?
To get a Schengen visa for Denmark, you need to submit your visa application with the following required documents to the embassy.
Your passport: Must be valid for three months after your trip is ended, not older than ten years.
Two passport size photographs: Not older than at least three months.
Copies of the previous visa(if applicable)
A cover letter: Explain why you wish to visit Denmark and give further details on your trip.
Schengen Travel Health Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen zone.
Proof of civil status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
Means of Subsistence: Evidence shows that you will put all expenses on your shoulder.
Please find the Denmark visa required documents list presented by “Nyidanmark“:
Data Source: Nyidanmark.dk
Employment-Based Required Documents For Denmark Schengen visa?
Discover required application documents for Schengen visa of Denmark according to work status.
If an employee:
- Employment agreement
- Bank statement for the freshest Six months
- No objection letter/NOC from the company
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Declaration of Income Tax.
If a self-employer:
- Business license proof
- Company bank statement of the most recent six months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student/scholar/trainer:
- Proof of enrolment
- Approval letter form university or college
If a retired person:
- Freshest six months pension statement
- Proof of regular income generated by the property for the last six months
Please remember: All of the above documents must submit by hand or use any confirm service to deliver to the embassy. If the embassy did not get any required indenture, then you may get visa refusal.
What Are The Additional Documents Required for Denmark Schengen Visa?
Its Always recommended attaching some additional documents to boost your visa application. You must select the required documents according to your travel purpose or visa type.
For Denmark Visit/Tourist Visa:
- Six months of Bank statement.
- An invitation letter.
- Detailed Travel Itinerary.
- Means of Subsistence.
For Denmark Airport Transit Visa:
- An actual valid visa.
- Entry permit documents or flight ticket for the destined country.
Denmark Visa for Study, Training, or Research Purposes:
- University registration certificate.
- A letter which reveals how you will comprise study expenses.
- Permission Letter.
For Denmark Minors(Under-Age Children) Visa:
- Parents income Proof.
- Travel permission letter from parents.
- Parental travel consent form: from another country living parent.
Please Note: Parents of under-age children should be available in the embassy or consulate at the time of the visa application process.
For Official Delegation Member Denmark Visa:
- The official invitation letter.
- Proof for the trip (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations).
- Duration of stay
- Hotel Booking
- Identity documents of the applicant
Denmark Visa for Husband/Wife(Danish Citizens):
- Danish citizenship proof.
- Denmark marriage certificate.
- Danish family history book.
For Denmark Medical Visa:
- A medical report.
- Payment receipt of medical fees.
- Medical attestation from the Danish hospital or doctor.
For Denmark Business Visa:
- Previous Trade relationship letter.
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
- Business bank statement.
- An invitation letter from the company.
- Leaving permission certificate from the company.
- Article of Association.
Denmark Visa For Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Flight reservation.
- Complete List of Crew members.
- Invitation letter from the event organizer or higher authorities.
- Duration of stay.
Is There Any Possibility of Schengen Visa Extention?
The extension is only possible if some visa rules or policy will change after the visa approval/after Denmark visa processing time. Please keep in mind, your short-stay visa never exceeding above 90 days.
How To Apply For Schengen Visa of Denmark?
To continue with your short-stay visa application, you require to catch these steps:
- You need to check where you can apply for a visa application.
- Select the Denmark visa type according to your travel purpose.
- Prepare all required documents for the Denmark Schengen visa application.
- Apply for a Denmark visa application online or you can use the VFS service for a Denmark visa.
- Make a Denmark visa appointment to Embassy/Consulate from your home country.
- Attend the visa interview at the relevant Denmark Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
Please Note: Must cross-check Denmark Schengen visa requirements from the embassy or official websites before submitting the visa application.
This mentioned above requirements also help the following list of citizens in applying or processing Denmark visa application:
- Denmark visa requirements for Filipino citizens
- Denmark visa requirements for Nigerian citizens
- Denmark visa requirements for Canadian citizens
- Denmark visa requirements for Indian citizens
- Denmark visa requirements for Pakistani citizens
- US nonresident alien