There is no requirement for a visa for UK passport holders, but non-UK citizens may require to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from UK if they want to make an Italy trip tangible. They can submit their application by association with Italian London and Edinburgh consulates. The Schengen visa you will get from these consulates is valid for up to 90 days and will serve you the stay of these days in Italy.
As it is not sufficient to know where you need to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from UK, there are numerous other particulars you know before applying, like the required documents and what steps you should follow for getting this visa directly from the embassy.
In this artifact, you will perceive all steps regarding how to apply for an Italian visa from the United Kingdom and what the required documents you necessitate for an Italian visa application. Moreover, you will determine where to submit all documents along with the application for processing the Italian Schengen visa.
We also appreciate sharing European Union Statistics, which prove the immense number of applications collected to the Italian consulates in the United Kingdom by the applicants to get a Schengen visa for Italy.
Who Will Need a Schengen visa for Traveling to Italy from UK?
If you have UK citizenship, you do not need a visa, but those applicants who fall under the following points must need to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from UK.
- Foreigners live in the United Kingdom, and their native countries have not yet signed the Schengen agreement with Schengen Zone for visa-free entry.
- Foreigners from third-world countries must require a Schengen visa for Europe entry.
- The UK passport holder has restricted Italy entry without a Schengen visa.
- Those in the UK on a visit visa should need to apply for an Italy Schengen visa from their home country.
- Foreigners in the United Kingdom holding Permanent residency but not having UK citizenship should apply for a Schengen visa.
If you want to learn more about do you need an Italian visa from the UK or not, please redirect to this link.
Types of Italian Schengen Visa from the United Kingdom
Here is the list of all Italian visas for UK applicants. You need to apply for one according to your travel purpose:
- Tourism Italian Visa
- Italian EU Family members Visa
- Italian Minors Visa
- Italian Business Visa
- Italian Study Visa
- Italian Self-employment Visa
- Italian Investors Visa
- Italian Diplomatic Visa
- Italian Medical care Visa
- Italian Airport Transit Visa
If you need more information concerning Italian visa types from the UK, you can read more about them from the Italian consulate officials.
Required Documents for Applying Italian Schengen Visa from UK
We made the list of all required documents that you must need to arrange before your visa appointment.
- Duly completed Italian Visa Application Form: download the application after filling online and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Italy trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color, 35×45 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Italy and provide further details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary: It must be with the departure and return locations and dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Proof of Socio-professional Situation: It can be an Employment letter, Enrolment letter, Certificates of incorporation, and Marriage certificate that assurance your residency in the UK.
- Proof of Accommodation: The confirmed hotel booking after landing in Italy.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to Italy.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Latest 3 months bank and Credit card statements. You can get more details using this link.
If you are wondering to investigate more about the required documents that are necessary for an Italian visa application so for that, you may visit this link.
Complete Steps for Applying Italian Schengen Visa from UK
You can use the following steps for submitting your Italian visa application at the Italian consulate in the UK:
1) Check do you need a visa for Italy entry
First, redirect the following link and probe would you need a Schengen visa against your nationality and place of residence.
2) Fill out the visa application form and arrange documents
In the next step, you need to fill out the application form (duly signed) and exhibit all required documents (listed above) before visa appointments.
3) Book your visa appointment
You need to contact or book a visa appointment from VFS GLOBAL. If you want an appointment booking, please use this authorized VFS link.
Address: 1 Rennie’s Isle, London EH6 6QT United Kingdom
Address: 66 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BT United Kingdom
4) Visit VAC and submit your application
Attend your visa interview on your booked appointment and try to be there before 20 minutes of your booked time. If you read more about what happened with you at VAC, please use this link.
5) Track your Italian visa application
You can also track your application after submitting it. Please use the following link for visa application tracking.
6) Collect your passport
After all procedures, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will notice by the consulate concerning approval or refusal. After the decision, you will collect your visa in person from the consulate.
Contact Italian Consulates General in the United Kingdom (UK)
You can contact directly to Italian consulates if you have queries regarding visa and application procedures. You can reach embassy during office hours, or you may visit a consulate in person.
Address: Harp House, 83-86 Farringdon St, London EC4A 4BL, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 20 7936 5900
Address: 32 Melville St, Edinburgh EH3 7HA, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 7707 036201