If you are an Ethiopian citizen and want to travel to France for an extended stay (more than 90 days) or a short stay (up to 90 days), then you need to apply for a French Schengen visa from Ethiopia. Regarding this, you have the best knowledge about how to submit your visa application to the French consulate in Ethiopia. If you apply with a lack of information and documentation, then you might receive a visa refusal.
This report will exhibit the finest way to apply for a French Schengen visa from Ethiopia, the required documents, and where to submit your French visa application. Submission of a French visa application by adopting the mentioned step-by-step procedure along with the required documents will help you to get the French Schengen visa from Ethiopia.
According to European Union Statistics, the ratio of French Schengen visa acceptance from Ethiopia is higher, which means if you apply, there will be supplementary chances for getting a French visa from Ethiopia. If you submit the application to the French consulate with the following procedure and keep all required documents, you have a 100% chance to Achieve a French visa without any obligation.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of French Schengen Visa from Ethiopia
There are the following French visa types. You can use any of them and collect the required documents accordingly. The submission procedure for any visa type would be almost the same.
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Visit/Tourist Visa
- French International Talents and Economic Attractiveness Visa
- French Family Visit Visa
- French Young traveler (working holiday) Visa
- French Medical Purpose Visa
- French Student Visa
- French Business Visa
- French Work-Self Employment visa
If you require more facts regarding the French visa type, you may be concerned with the following link.
List of Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa from Ethiopia
Here is the list of all required documents. You should arrange all the below documents if you want a French Schengen visa successfully. It is necessary to organize all documents before a visa appointment.
- French Schengen Visa Online Application: Fill out the online French visa application form, and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color, 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Flight Reservation: It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Socio-Professional Situation: Submit proof of your professional status, like an employment certificate, school enrollment letter, and marriage certificate.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in France.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Show 3 months Bank and Credit card latest statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to France.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
If you want to read more about the required documents for a French Schengen visa from Ethiopia, then you may read this article.
Step-by-Step Guide for Applying French Schengen Visa from Ethiopia
Here are the following steps you should accompany if you want to get a French visa without any delay or rejection.
1) Collect visa requirements
First, you need to check all specific requirements accordingly to visa type. You can collect all required information (like visa processing time, required documents, and visa fee) using Visa Wizard from the French consulate webpage.
2) Fill online French visa application
After reviewing visa requirements, the next step is to fill out the online application form for a French visa using this link. Once you have done will filling, print it and keep it with other required documents.
3) Book your visa appointment
After preparing the application form and arranging all required documents, you need to book an appointment for visa application submission.
4) Submit your visa application
Visit the nearest French consulate for the visa interview and submit your visa application in person. You will submit all required documents and visa fees at the interview time.
5) Track your visa application
After submission of your French visa application, you can track it using this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the French consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the VAC.
French Schengen Visa Application Fee from Ethiopia
There are fees for a Schengen visa that you should pay at the time of the interview or online. These fees may vary and calculate according to the exchange rate.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 Euros
You can get more information regarding the Schengen visa fee for the French visa using this link.
Contact French Embassy in Addis Ababa
You may contact the French consulate general if you have queries regarding your French visa application or visa interview.
Address: District Kebana Bp 1464 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251 (0)11 140 00 00