We dedicate this article to those applicants who live in Washington as a foreigner and enjoy a trip towards France. In this case, you need to apply for a French Schengen visa from Washington D.C and obtain a grip on applying for a French Schengen visa, required documents, and precise steps to take to submit your French visa application from Washington.
If we look at European Union statistics, it will confirm the ratio of French visa acceptance from Washington is Excellent. The only direction to store in mind is that we need to apply thoroughly and efficiently.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Who Will Need Schengen Visa for Entry France from Washington?
The applicant who belongs to the below class will need to get a Schengen visa for traveling to France.
- Foreign living in Washington (permanent or temporary residence permit) and their citizenship country have not yet inscribed the Schengen agreement with Europe for visa-free access.
- USA passport holders whose restricted to France entry without the Schengen visa by the government.
- B1/B2 visitors currently inside Washington need to apply for a French Schengen visa from your home country(not Washington).
- Foreign living in Washington and holding USA Green Card or Permanent Residence should apply for a Schengen visa.
You will find the list of countries those applicants must need to apply for a Schengen visa before traveling to the 26 Schengen members.
Types of French Schengen Visa from Washington D.C
You can pick any visa type which is most appropriate for your trip to France.
- French Tourist Visa
- French Entry Visa for Beneficiary of Withdrawal Agreement
- French Business Visa
- French Family Visit Visa
- French Sport Visa
- French Medical Visa
- French Study/Research Visa
List of Required Documents for French Schengen Visa from Washington D.C
All applicants must apply in person, and you should arrange the following required documents at the time of visa application submission or appointment.
- French Visa Online Application.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your France trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Other Travel Documents: Green card, visa, and I94 or endorsed I20 for F1 visa holders or inscribed DS2019 for J1 visa holders.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport size pictures in color, 3×4 cm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting France?. and provide further details of your trip.
- Socio-professional situation: Letter from French Institute/Organization like Enrolment or Employment letter.
- Verifiable flight reservation: It must have France departure and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region & France.
- Hotel Reservation: The authentic proof of lodging after landing in France.
- Sponsorship Letter: (if application)
- Proof of Funds: Latest 3 months bank and Credit card statements.
- Schengen visa fee receipt
You will find more information regarding the required documents for a French visa from the following link.
Astounding Steps for Applying French Schengen Visa from Washington D.C:
We mention all the required steps to submit a French visa application comfortably.
1) Visit France Embassy in Washington
Go to the embassy website and follow the pedagogy carefully.
2) Check do you require a Schengen visa for traveling France
Take a tour of 3 minutes and check would you need a Schengen visa for visiting France or not. You can dwell on the page using this link.
3) Start filling visa application form
Please fill out the online visa application form for France visa using this link, then take out the form print after complete filling and attach it with your VFS submission.
4) Book an appointment for a French visa
You should book an appointment using VFSGLOBAL. The embassy will only entertain the application that comes from VFS.
5) Track your visa application
If you want to check the status of your visa application, then you can use tracking for here.
Contact France Embassy in Washington, D.C.
You may contact the France Consulate Washington regarding general queries and assistance.