In this document, we target those Ethiopians who dream of to move for Italy, considering any Tourism, business, medical or study purposes. Regardless of the travel objective, you should apply for an Italian Schengen visa from Ethiopia. The pivotal treatment for getting an elevated ratio is submitting an entire application with the required documents.
As we want to actual your dream, we share details concerning the step-by-step procedure to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from Ethiopia, the required documents, and where you can submit your application. In this article, the stratagem we adopt collect from the Italian consulate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It is a superior technique to fly to your capital city and apply directly from the Italian embassy.
According to the latest statistic of the European Union, it is observable that the rate of Italian Schengen visa acceptance from Ethiopia is nearly 80%. So, there is the utmost prospect for an Italian Schengen visa from Ethiopia if you apply perfectly with all the demanded documents.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of Italian Schengen Visa from Ethiopia:
If you want to travel to Italy, you need to establish a visa type for which you will collect the required documents and prepare the application. Here is the list of Italian visas. You can choose any of them according to your travel purpose.
- Italian Visit/Tourist Visa
- Italian Medical Treatment Visa
- Italian Air Transit Visa
- Italian Family & Friend Visa
- Italian Business Visa
- Italian Airport Transit Visa
- Italian Study Visa
- Italian Sports Visa
- Italian Dependent Work Visa
If you have doubts and want to study the Italian visa types, you may visit the embassy webpage to get more information regarding Italian Schengen visas from Ethiopia.
List of Required Documents for Applying Italian Schengen Visa from Ethiopia?
The documents are the only element that can raise the changes for Italian visa approval, and negligence in the required documents may lead you to visa rejection. So, gathering the following documents before the visa appointment is mandatory for getting an Italian visa.
- Italian Schengen Visa Application Form: duly filled and signed by the applicant. Keep it with other required documents. Please fill it out entirely in Block Letters.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if applicable)
- Photographs: One recent passport-size picture with bright color background, 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Italy and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Schengen Visa Fee: The amount of 80 Euros payable at ETB according to the current exchange rate of the embassy. The fee is not refundable in the case of visa denial.
- Flight Reservation (round-trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Trade/Bussiness License: Proof of self-employed businessman in the case of a business visa or evidence of professional status.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in Italy.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to Italy.
- Personal Rootedness Status in Ethiopia: Proof of employment (employment contract letter), enrolment letter, Birth certificate, marriage certificate, or bank statements. The documents have attested by the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: 3 months of bank and Credit card statements. You can get more details using this link.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
- Digital Finger Prints of All 10 Fingers
You can find more information regarding what required documents you acquire from the Italian embassy webpage using this link.
Ultimate steps for applying Italian Schengen visa from Ethiopia
In general, there are two ways to apply for an Italian visa. You can submit your appointment using VFS GLOBAL or directly from the Italian consulate. As already discussed, we are considering the Italian consulate for application submission, but you can follow VFS instructions for appointment booking.
1) Check do you need visa
First, you need to review if you want to apply for an Italian visa from your home country accordingly to your nationality status. You can check the eligibility using this link.
2) Prepare your visa application & documents
If you find visa requirements after checking, you want to fill out the Schengen visa application form and prepare all required documents before the visa interview. Please complete the above documents checklist and attach them with your application.
3) Book your appointment
After the concoction of the visa application and required documents, you need to book an Italian visa appointment using this link.
4) Visit the Italian embassy
Now is the time to attend the visa interview and submission all applications with the required documents. You need to submit a visa application in person and might ask for visa fee submission before the appointment, so do not forget to carry significant Cash with you. You may locate the Italian consulate location where you need to apply.
5) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the VAC.
Italian Schengen Visa Application Fee from Ethiopia
Here are the fees you need to pay for an Italian Schengen visa from Ethiopia:
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 EUR
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 EUR
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 EUR
Contact Italian Consulate General in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
If you have queries concerning the Italian visa or application procedure, you may contact the embassy using the below details:
Address: Villa Italia – Kebenà – PO Box 1105 – Addis Abeba
Phone: 00251111235683 | 00251111235684 | 00251111235685