If you are Ethiopian and desire to stay in Spain (including the other 25 Schengen states) for 90 days (under 180 days), then you need to apply for a Spanish Schengen visa from Ethiopia. If your first country of land is Spain, you should submit the visa application at the Spanish consulate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
In this article, we narrate the step-by-step procedure to apply for a Spanish Schengen visa from Ethiopia, the required documents for a Spanish visa, and where you can submit your Spanish visa application. Apart from that information, it’s your responsibility to follow the instruction attentively and dispatch the submission to the consulate with absolute documents and visa requirements.
Accordingly to the statistic of the European Union, the facts regarding Spanish visa acceptance from Ethiopia are outstanding. So, the chances of Ethiopians getting a Spanish visa are significantly higher.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of Spanish Schengen Visa from Ethiopia
If you wish to apply for a Spanish visa with a 100% success rate, you need to select the appropriate visa type according to the purpose of your trip. Here are the following visa types. You can choose any of them and prepare your application accordingly.
- Spanish Visit/Tourist Visa
- Spanish Family Visit Visa
- Spanish Researcher Visa
- Spanish Internship Visa
- Spanish Investor Visa
- Spanish Medical Visa
- Spanish Entrepreneur Visa
- Spanish Airport Transit Visa
- Spanish Student Visit Visa
- Spanish Sports Visa
If you like to investigate more regarding specific visa types, then you collect more information using this webpage.
Required Documents for Applying Spanish Schengen Visa from Ethiopia
Here we alert all applicants that gathering the required documents is a mandatory step for undertaking a Spanish visa. The embassy will not compromise your application in the shortage of any required documents. So, you arrange all the below documents properly before the appointment.
- Spanish Schengen Visa Application Form: Duly filled and signed. Please fill it out entirely in Block Letters.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Recent passport-size picture in color, 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Spain and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Flight Itinerary: It must be with the departure and return dates and locations. (round-trip)
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Payment Proof of Visa Fee: Submit the evidence of receipt, which is 80 euros for Adults and 40 euros for those aged between 6-12 years.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in Spain.
- Proof of Residence In The Consular District.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to Spain.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Latest three months bank and Credit card statements. You can get more details using this link.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
If you want to study more about the required documents for a Spanish visa, please look into the Consulate webpage using this link.
Complete Guidelines for Applying Spanish Schengen Visa from Ethiopia
Here are the steps you should follow to save yourself from visa rejection. We extract these steps from the Spanish consulate general for spreading authentic information to our valuable customers or travelers.
1) Check do you need visa
First, find out do you need a Schengen visa for Spain entry or not, you can check it from this link (under 13-15 pages), or you find it by using this source.
2) Preparation of application & documents
If you require a Schengen visa for entry, you should fill out the Schengen visa application form and collect all documents according to visa type.
3) Visit the consulate for submission
Now, visit the Spanish consulate for application submission because you should submit the application & documents to the embassy in person.
4) Track your visa application
Once you apply and pay (payment of visa fees at the time of submission) successfully, the embassy will allocate you a receipt code which can help you for tracking of your visa application. You can track your Spanish visa application using this link.
5) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport from the Spanish consulate.
Spanish Schengen Visa Fee from Ethiopia
You may submit the Schengen visa fee in person during the interview. Here is the visa fee you should pay before visa processing.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = Free
Contact Spanish Consulate General Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
You may visit VAC if you have queries regarding your Spanish visa application or visa appointment.
Address: Embassy of Spain in Addis Ababa
Botswana Street. P.O.Box.: 2312. Ethiopia
Phone: +251 111230083, +251 111222544
+251 111222542, +251 929136159, +251 929136161