If you want to travel toward Sweden for Visit, study, medical, or business, you need to request for Sweden Schengen visa. This article is the best way to attain counsel regarding Sweden visa application requirements, required documents, plus how to apply for a Sweden Schengen visa. The complete recap of this document builds capabilities to submitting a Sweden visa application faultlessly.
Since 19 December 1996, after Sweden endorsed the Schengen agreement, the gargantuan applications claiming for Sweden Schengen visa every year. According to European Union statistics, the Sweden visa application approval rate is more than 40%, but it is essential to apply effectively and precisely.
|Years||SUM of Uniform visas applied for||SUM of Total uniform visas issued (including MEV)||SUM of Multiple entry uniform visas (MEVs) issued||SUM of Total LTVs issued||SUM of Uniform visas not issued||Not issued rate for uniform visas||Share of MEVs|
What are the types of Sweden Schengen Visa?
Here are the following most generally used Sweden visa types that you can choose correspondingly.
- Sweden Medical Visa.
- Sweden Visa for Official Delegation.
- Sweden Citizens Husband/Wife Visa.
- Sweden Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes.
- Sweden Business Visa.
- Sweden Visa for Student.
- Sweden Airport Transit Visa.
- Sweden Tourist / Visit Visa.
- Sweden Visa for Children.
Required documents for Sweden Schengen Visa application:
You must need to connect the following required documents with your Sweden visa application.
- The Sweden Schengen Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Sweden journey is finished, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Must be 35X45mm in size.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting Sweden and provide further details of your trip.
- Round Trip Flight Itinerary: It must have Sweden and going and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euros and must cover the whole Schengen region.
- Proof of Civil Status: This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Hotel Reservation: The actual proof of residence after landing in Sweden.
- Means of Subsistence: This shows you have sufficient funds to complete the Sweden trip.
Required documents for Employment-Based Sweden Visa:
To obtain a Sweden visa, you need to attach the following documents with your Sweden visa application according to your employment status.
If an employed:
- Bank statement for the latest Six months
- No objection letter
- Employment contract
- Income tax return (ITR)
If a self-employed:
- Income tax return (ITR)
- Business license
- Company bank statement of latest Six months
If a student:
- Evidence of enrollment
- Acceptance letter from Sweden university or college
- No objection letter
If a retired person:
- Latest Six months pension history
- Proof of regular income generated by the property for the latest Six months
Please Note: All required documents must transfer by hand or by reliable service providers. If the Sweden embassy did not get any required documents, then you may get a visa dismissal.
Additional required documents for Sweden Schengen visa application:
Here we create a list of additional required documents for the most habitual Sweden Schengen visas. You can add the specified documents for obtaining a higher visa approval rate.
Additional required documents for Sweden Husband / Wife Visa:
- Sweden marriage certificate
- Sweden family history
- Sweden citizenship proof
Additional required documents for Sweden Study Visa:
- University enrollment certificate from the Sweden university/college
- Proof of sufficient funds for living in Sweden
- Approval Letter from the Sweden institute/university
- Courses completion letter
Additional required documents for Sweden Airport Transit Visa:
- Valid visa of the destined country
- Valid passport
- Entry documents and an actual flight ticket for the destinated country
Additional Required documents for Sweden Business Visa:
- An invitation letter from the Sweden company
- Employer permission letter that allows you to travel to Sweden
- Certified copy of the article of association and memorandum
- Trade License
- Mean of subsistence
- Sponsorship details must be mention inside the invitation letter
Additional required documents for Sweden Medical Visa:
- Payment receipt of medical fees
- A local medical reports
- Medical attestation from the Swedish hospital/doctor.
- Commitment letter
Additional required documents for Sweden Visit / Tourist Visa:
- An Invitation Letter – from your Swedish family, friends, and spouse.
- Six months latest bank statement
- Proof of sufficient funds for the trip
- All passport copies
- The paper that proves your relationship with the person living in Sweden (Sponsorship letter)
Additional documents for Sweden Official Delegations Schengen Visa:
- The official invitation letter
- Identity documents of the applicant
- Reason of the trip (negotiations, meetings, events by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Hotel Booking for Sweden trip
- Duration of trip & details
Sweden Visa documents for Sports, Cultural, Religious, or Film Crew Purposes:
- Complete crew list
- Invitation letter from the Swedish contest organizer
- Entry Tickets
- Flight reservation
- Duration of stay
- Evidence of preceding performances
Additional required documents for Sweden Children Visa:
- Children birth certificate
- Application form sign by both parents
- Parental travel consent form – if any parent lives in another country
- Parents income Proof
- Attested Travel permission letter from parents
- Both parents passport or identification documents
How to apply for a Sweden Schengen Visa?
- Search where you need to submit for Sweden Visa application(Embassy / VFS Services)
- Select the type of Sweden visa for which you want to apply
- Fill the Sweden visa application form
- Attach all required documents with the application
- Book your visa appointment at the Sweden embassy/consulate
- Attend the interview
- Wait for the final result
How to apply for Sweden Visa Extention?
You can request a Sweden visa extension, but the extension is only accepted if any changes will append after arriving in Sweden.
How to get a flight reservation for the Sweden Visa Application?
You can book a verifiable flight itinerary for Sweden from the following link.
How to get a hotel booking for the Sweden Schengen Visa Application?
You can get a confirmed proof of accommodation for Sweden by using this link.