Getting a French Schengen visa is obligatory for traveling to France from Ghana, so Ghanaians should comprehend the ultimate procedure to apply for a French Schengen visa from Ghana. Our cavernous focus is to upskill Ghanaians to prepare their French visa application online without interaction with agents or complex sources.
In this article, we narrate the step-by-step method to apply for a French Schengen visa from Ghana, the required documents, and where to submit the French visa application. Moreover, you will get information concerning the Schengen visa fee and the types of French visas for which you can apply from Ghana.
After the completed review of European Union statistics, we are excited to inform you that the rate of Schengen visa acceptance at the French consulate in Ghana is just adequate. So we can consider high French Schengen visa approval from Ghana if we apply decently and precisely.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of French Schengen Visa from Ghana:
Here is the list of the most commonly used French Schengen visas. You can choose any of them accordingly to your travel purpose.
- French Visit/Tourist Visa
- French Family Visit Visa
- French Work-Self Employment visa
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Medical Purpose Visa
- French Student Visa
- French Business Visa
Do you want more information concerning the French Schengen visa from Ghana? You can visit the French embassy visas webpage.
Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa from Ghana
The following required documents are the ultimate source of your French Schengen visa acceptance from Ghana if you arrange all of these in time and before your visa appointment.
- Fill Out Online French Visa Application Form: Fill out the online French visa application form, and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: two recent passport-size pictures in color, 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Round-Trip Flight Reservation: It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Socio-professional situation: Submit proof of your professional status, like an employment certificate, school enrollment letter, and marriage certificate.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in France.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to France.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Latest 3 months’ bank and Credit card statements. You can get more details using this link.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
If you need more information regarding the required documents for the French visa, you may consider the following webpage link.
Step-by-step procedure to apply for French Schengen Visa from Ghana
If you want to get a French visa, you should follow these steps accurately. These steps will increase the chances of acceptance of your visa request.
1) Gather the information for your travel
First, you collect all required information regarding your French visa type using this link. You will get all details from the linked visa wizard, like the required documents, visa fees, etc.
2) Fill online visa application form
Now you need to fill out the online French visa application and take a print after downloading the filled one. You can fill online by visiting the following link.
3) Book your visa appointment
After the visa application fulfillment and gathering all required documents, it’s time to book an appointment using this link. Below are the embassy details and other necessary details for appointment booking.
4) Submit your visa application
Visit the French consulate where you booked the appointment because the application must submit in person. So you can attend your visa interview and submit your French Schengen visa application on the given date.
5) Track your visa application
After submission of your French visa application, you can track it using this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the French consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the VAC.
French Schengen Visa Application Fee from Ghana
Here are the Schengen visa fees that need to pay before the visa processing procedure.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 Euros
You will get the complete chart for French Schengen visa fees from Ghana using this official link.
Contact French Consulate In Accra, Ghana.
You may contact the French consulate general if you have queries regarding your French visa application or visa appointment.
Address: 4th Circular road – Cantonments Accra, Ghana.