In this article, we earmark the inhabited country of Southeast Asia called Indonesia. Yes, we are talking about the country eminent for tourism with perfect sights of attractive cities/provinces like Jakarta, Bali, and Lampung. But along with home leisure, Indonesian desire to relish the exposure to Schengen countries (EU) like Italy. Thus the people of Indonesia need to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from Indonesia and keep looking for appropriate sources that can help them with visa proceedings. As numerous applications are submitted to the Italian consulate yearly, and we found imperfection the only reason for Indonesian visa rejection considering this, our team decided to prepare a step-by-step solution so that Indonesian can apply for an Italian Schengen visa with a concrete acceptance rate.
So, this document elaborates immaculate approach to applying Italian Schengen visa from Indonesia, a checklist of required documents you will entail for visa processing, and where to submit a visa application after the amalgam. Similar steps will take by non-Indonesians (living there but not having an Indonesian passport) if they also want to submit an Italian visa application from Indonesia.
According to European Union Statistics, millions of applications has collected by the Italian consulate general in Indonesia yearly, and 99% of applicants got a Schengen visa without any objection. Therefore if the application fills appropriately and with predominant documents, you can obtain an Italy Schengen visa from Indonesia.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of Italian Schengen Visa from Indonesia
Choosing the correct Italian visa type is the supreme step for gathering the visa requirements and collecting the required documents. You can pick the suitable visa type accordingly to travel purposes.
- Italian Tourist Visa
- Italian Visa for Sports, Cultural, Political, or Scientific Purposes
- Italian Transit Visa
- Italian Official Mission Visa
- Italian Seaman Transit Visa
- Italian Medical Treatment Visa
- Italian Business Visa
- Italian Visa for EU Citizens Member
- Italian Subordinate Work Visa
- Italian Study Visa
You can salvage particulars regarding visa requirements of a specific Italian visa type using this link.
Required Documents for Applying Italian Schengen Visa from Indonesia
You can consider the following required documents are the backbone of visa processing. Your application without these documents is nothing, and the diplomatic department will trash your application side away. So, confirm the collection of required documents before the visa appointment with the culmination of the visa application.
- Italian Schengen Visa Application: It should be duly filled out online and signed by the applicant. Keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Visas (bio-data page)
- 2 Photographs: Must be passport-size (35×40mm) pictures with a bright color background. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Residence Permit (for non-Indonesian): You should submit a copy of the residence permit like KITAS/KIMS/KITAP.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Italy and provide additional details. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Proof of Socio-Economic Situation: You can submit an employer letter mentioning the applicant’s designation, salary, job joining date, and the purpose of travel, or a copy of the labor contract or Kartu Keluarga, birth certificate, etc.
- Flight Reservation (round-trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter: You can read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application using this link.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in Italy. You can read more about the hotel reservation using this link.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization inviting you to Italy.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: 3 months of bank and Credit card statements. The available funds should cover the trip duration expenses accordingly to the selected Schengen state per day expense.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
If the above artifacts are insufficient, consider the detailed required documents checklist webpage from this link.
Step-by-Step Guide for Applying Italian Schengen Visa from Indonesia
The following steps have mentioned by the Italian embassy. If you accompany them from start to end, the chances of retrieving an Italian Schengen visa are more visual.
1) Do you need visa?
First, check if you need a Schengen visa for entry to Italy. You can check eligibility using this link. Given reference will provide other information like visa requirements, required documents, visa fee, and where to submit the application.
2) Prepare the visa application
Once you recoup the requirements, you can fill e-application using this link. This e-application requires attaching document information. So you have to arrange all documents before the application filling.
3) Book your visa appointment
After the e-application filling, now time to book an Italian visa appointment. You can book the slot for a futuristic date using this link.
4) Visit the visa application center
Once you have an appointment, visit the Italian embassy on the booked date and submit your application in person.
5) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the VAC.
Italian Visa Application Fees from Indonesia
The following Schengen visa fees will pay according to the categorized age factor. You can pay them at your currency rate ( Indonesian Rupiah).
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = IDR 1.295.000
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = IDR 650.000
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = No Visa fees
You can read more about Italian visa fees from Indonesia using this link.
Contact the Italian Consulate General in Jakarta, Indonesia
If you have queries concerning the application procedure or visa requirements, you may contact the Italian Consulate General Indonesia directly.
Address: Jl. Diponegoro No. 45, Menteng, Jakarta 10310, Indonesia
Phone: 0062 (0) 21 3193 7445