We received prodigious inquiries concerning how to apply for a French Schengen visa from Indonesia when we embossed the procedure to apply for Italian and Spanish Schengen visas from Indonesia. Moreover, our team experience to devise an article that demonstrates the requirements and helps out Indonesians they can apply for a French visa without involving the ministration of third parties and agents.
This article is a step-by-step guide for applying French Schengen visa from Indonesia, providing the checklist of required documents and where to submit the application after preparation. The declared stratagems are convenient for both Indonesians and non-Indonesians because the defined approach will be practicing to prepare the application for a French Schengen visa from scratch to end.
According to the recent statistics of the European Union, they admired the collection of countless applications at the French consulate from Indonesia, and almost 95% of applicants got French Schengen visas within 15 days. Thus you have the great opportunity of obtaining a French visa from Indonesia because the rejection rate for Indonesians is just 1%. So, you can apply with the veracious application by following the article appropriately.
|Number of Visa Applications
|Not issued rate for uniform visas
Types of French Schengen Visa from Indonesia
Choosing the virtuous visa type is the initial step for forwarding the French visa application. There are the following visa types you may consider anyone, accordingly to your travel purpose. After picking of right visa type, you can perceive the requirements and required documents below under this artifact.
- French Visit/Tourist Visa
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Visa for Family of European National
- French Student Visa
- French School-Going Minor Visa
- French Business Visa
- French Adoption Visa
- French Volunteering Visa
- French Medical Visa
You can retrieve information regarding visa fees, required documents, appointment booking, and how to apply for a specific visa type from this link.
Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa from Indonesia
Here is the detailed checklist of mandatory documents interrogated from the French embassy/consulate. You should confirm the availability of the following required documents before presenting a visa appointment.
- Online French Schengen Visa Application: Fill out the online French visa application form, and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color. 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France and additional details regarding your journey. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Proof of Residency: You must submit proof of residence if you are a non-national of Indonesia. The document is like a residence permit or work permit.
- Flight Itinerary (Round-Trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): You can find the best way to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application using this link.
- Socio-Professional Status: Proof of evidence to have a reasonable job in Indonesia with a signed contract letter (including all details like salary package, name, and date of joining), business trading letter (if you own a business), and admission letter (in case of study). You may submit proof of personal links like a marriage certificate or family record book.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in France.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Proof of adequate funds with the latest three months bank statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization inviting you to France.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
You can view detailed content regarding supporting documents for French Schengen visas directly from the French-Visas official web link.
Ultimate Approach to Applying French Schengen Visa from Indonesia
Here are the following steps that will emerge you to submit your French visa application appropriately. You can obey steps sequentially to rip off the chances of having mistakes. The below steps are taken from Official France-Visas so that your outcome will be authentic and according to the consulate’s taste.
1) Collect your visa requirements
First, you will accomplish Visa Wizard created by France-Visas, which can help you to withdraw the rudimentary requirements like the required documents checklist, visa fees, and other elementary requirements.
2) Prepare the visa application
After knowing the basic requirements regarding your targeted visa type, now is the time to prepare an online visa application and collect all required documents.
3) Book your visa appointment
Once you have done with the application and arranged all required documents, you can book the appointment from France TLS Contact. Here is the detailed video concerning reserving the slot for the French visa using TLS contact.
4) Submit your visa application
Now visit the TLS contact center to submission of your application in person. Please attend the center on the booked date and apply with the required documents.
5) Track your visa application
If you want to track your visa application after submission, you can visit this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data apprehending and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the French consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the TLS contact center.
French Schengen Visa Application Fees from Indonesia
You will pay the following Schengen visa fees according to your placed category. These fees are non-refundable and should pay before visa processing, typically on appointment time.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 Euros
You can find the complete Schengen visa fees table from this link.
French Consulate General in Jakarta, Indonesia
You may contact the French consulate general concerning queries regarding visa application requirements and a visa appointment.
Address: Jl. MH. Thamrin No. 20 Jakarta Pusat 10350
(access Jl. Sunda)
Phone: (62-21) 2355 7600