The targeted audience of this article is upcoming Jordanian travelers looking for a step-by-step guide to applying for a French Schengen visa from Jordan. If you are Jordanian and desire to visit the belle of France, then you need to apply Schengen visa for France. It will require an ultimate understanding of the paramount requirements regarding French visa application, which includes the required documents, where to submit the application, and the types of French visas.
Considering the above context, we created this article to deliver absolute knowledge to Jordanians concerning how to apply for a French Schengen visa from Jordan, the required documents, and where to submit the visa application after the composition. You can find this a complete solution that can help you from scratch until your application submission to the embassy. Moreover, it will save you from unauthentic agents and paid sources and secure your time and money from extinguishing.
Accordingly, to the statistics of the European Union, they have received numerous applications for French Schengen visas from Jordan every year, and almost 80% of applications are accepted each year. This great approval rate should increase the chances of your application acceptance if you apply accurately and perfectly.
|Number of Visa Applications
|Not issued rate for uniform visas
Types of French Schengen Visa from Jordan
As the selection of visa type is the foremost step for proceeding with the visa application, you can choose the visa type from the following list accordingly to your travel purpose.
- French Visit Visa
- French Tourist Visa
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Student Visa (Long-Stay)
- French Business Visa
- French Medical Purpose Visa
You can achieve more details regarding French visa types using this link. It will redirect you to the official source where you can get more in-depth facts concerning short/long stay visa types.
Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa from Jordan
The collection of required documents is mandatory before French visa appointments. The arrangement of the following documents will increase the chances of your visa approval.
- French Schengen Visa Online Application: Fill out the online French visa application form, and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color. 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Flight Reservation (Round-Trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): You can find the best way to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application using this link.
- Socio-Professional Status: Proof of evidence to have a reasonable job with a signed contract letter, business trading letter (if you own a business), and admission letter (in case of study).
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in France.
- Proof of Residency: If you are not a citizen of Jordan, then you need to provide Residency proof like a Residence permit.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Proof of adequate funds with the latest three months bank statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to France.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
You can get rigorous details regarding the required documents for a French visa application from this link.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying French Schengen Visa from Jordan
The following steps have derived from the French consulate general in Jordan. You can acquire significant results by following the below steps appropriately.
1) Collect your visa requirements
First, you want to discover French visa requirements from Jordan using the Visa Wizard and collect all information like required documents, processing time, visa fees, etc.
2) Fill online visa application
Once you get the requirements, fill out the French visa application form using this link. You should duly complete it and place the print with other required documents.
3) Book your visa appointment
After the application filling, you may book an online appointment with the French embassy using this link.
4) Submit your visa application
Visit the embassy on the reserved date and submit your visa application with documents in person. You will ask for Schengen visa fees, so keep the payment under the bag.
5) Track your visa application
If you want to track your visa application after submission, you can visit this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the French consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the Embassy.
French Schengen Visa Application Fees from Jordan
You may demand Schengen visa fees during the interview. You should pay the following charges before processing your visa application.
Please Note: Schengen visa fees are non-refundable in the case of visa rejection.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 Euros
If you read about French Schengen visa fees, please look into the Visa Fees Table using this link.
French Consulate General in Jordan – Contact
You may contact the French consulate general if you have queries regarding your French visa application or visa appointment.
Address: 40 Rue AL MUTANABBI, Jabal Amman
P.O.Box 5348, Amman 11183
Phone: 00 962 6 460 46 30