The people of Oman are gently welcome by the world countries because the status and economic conditions of Omanis are exceptionally satisfactory. Similarly, they can comfortably travel to France to eyesight amazing sceneries by getting a French Schengen visa from Oman. But the real problem arises when they start preparing the application and acquiring the requirements for a French visa application. Obtaining a French Schengen visa for Omanis is not a mammoth chore, but French visa processing requires proper documentation and appropriate application submission. You can achieve a French Schengen visa by following the instruction of the comparative French consulate/embassy, and the constitution of this document entirely follow these instructions.
So, we present this article as the step-by-step solution to apply for a French Schengen visa from Oman, about the required documents and where to submit the application after the preparation. The adoption of this article will expert you to apply for a French visa from scratch to the end, but you need to obey each instruction carefully.
Moreover, the European Union also declared an appreciable visa approval rate for Omanis. According to the EU Statistics, they collected numerous applications for French Schengen visas from Oman every year, and over 90% of candidates got the Schengen visa without any obligation.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of French Schengen Visa from Oman
If you want to proceed with the application, the primary step is to choose a French visa type. You can select any from the following accordingly to your trip purpose.
- French Visit/Tourist Visa
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Family of European National Visa
- French Student Visa (Long-Stay)
- French Business Visa
- French Visa for Family of Foreign Nationals
- French Medical Purpose Visa
- French Visa for Salaried employment
- French Volunteering Visa
You can read specific information regarding a relevant visa type using this link, and you can also obtain the requirements & application procedure there.
Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa from Oman
Your application without the required documents is useless. You need to arrange and attach (with the application) the following documents before addressing the appointment.
- French Schengen Visa Online Application: Fill out the online French visa application form, and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color. 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Flight Reservation (Round-Trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): You can find the best way to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application using this link.
- Socio-Professional Status: Proof of evidence to have a reasonable job with a signed contract letter (including all details like salary package, name, and date of joining), business trading letter (if you own a business), and admission letter (in case of study).
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in France.
- Proof of Residency: If you are not a citizen of Oman, you need to provide possession proof like a Residence permit.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Proof of adequate funds with the latest three months bank statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to France.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
You can find the same or the updated required documents list using this official French consulate webpage.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying French Schengen Visa from Oman
Once you have all requirements concerning your visa type and have well organized required document list, now is time to submit the visa application to the French embassy using the following steps:
1) Find your visa requirements
Your first step is to identify the visa requirements using Visa Wizard to discover all details like required documents, visa fees, and eligibility.
2) Fill online visa application
When you acquire all requirements regarding the selected visa type, you can submit an online application using this link. Please keep in mind that you would require the details of your documents, so you should have all the required documents before the application filling.
3) Book your visa appointment
Once you have done with the application, now is the time to book the appointment for application submission using VFS Global Service.
4) Submit your visa application
Now is the time to submit a French visa application at the VFS center in person. Visit the application center on the booked date and carry the Schengen visa fees in your bag because you will be paid the fees before application submission.
5) Track your visa application
If you want to track your visa application after submission, you can visit this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the French consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the application center.
French Schengen Visa Application Fees from Oman
Below are the Schengen visa fees categorized with the applicant’s age. You should convert the amount under your current currency rate because you need to pay VAC under Omani Rial.
Please Note: Schengen visa fees are non-refundable in the case of visa rejection.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 Euros
Get the complete table of Schengen visa fees for different countries for a French visa using this link.
Contact French Consulate General in Oman
You may contact the French consulate general if you have queries regarding visa application requirements or a visa appointment.
Address: Ambassade de France en Oman P.O. Box 208 Madinat Al Sultan Qaboos PC 115, Muscat
Phone: +968 9785 6205