According to the European Commission, there is no distinct requirement for a Canadian citizen to get a Schengen visa from Ottawa to travel to France. But in this article, we are debating foreigners who live in Ottawa and like to move to France for a visit, business, tour, medical or transit purposes. They must require to apply for a French Schengen visa from Ottawa and accede to a related visa application to the nearest VAC.
In this article, we try to share the supreme steps for applying for a French Schengen visa from Ottawa, the required documents, and who will apply for the French Schengen visa from Ottawa, Canada.
As per European Union statistics, you have an incredible opportunity to apply for a French visa because the rate of French Schengen visa acceptance from Ottawa is almost 100%. So if you want to travel France, this is an apposite chance for foreign nationality holders currently living in Ottawa, Canada.
Check Do You Need Schengen Visa for France Entrance?
You should require a Schengen visa from Ottawa if you situate any of the following conditions:
- Foreigners live in Ottawa, and their native countries have not yet signed the Schengen agreement with Europe for visa-free entry.
- Foreigners from third-world countries must require a Schengen visa for Europe entry.
- The Canadian passport holder has restricted France entry without a Schengen visa.
- Those in Canada on a visit visa should need to apply for a French Schengen visa from their home country.
- Foreigners in Ottawa holding Permanent residency but not yet Canadian citizenship should apply for a Schengen visa.
Get more details regarding do you need a French Schengen visa from Ottawa or not? by visiting this link.
What are the types of French Schengen Visa from Ottawa, Canada?
Here is the list of the following French visas. You can apply for anyone accordingly to your travel purpose.
- French Tourist Visa
- French Family Visit Visa
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Business Visa
- French Study visa
- French Medical visa
Retain information about frequently utilized Schengen visas from Ottawa using this link.
List of Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa From Ottawa, Canada
Here is the list of all required documents for the French visa application. Please make sure you have the following documents before the interview.
- French Schengen Visa Online Application: download the application after filling online and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your France trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport size pictures in color, 3×4 cm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France?, and provide further details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Travel Flight Reservation: It must be with the departure and return locations and dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application?.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of occupancy after landing in France.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to France.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Latest 3 months bank and Credit card statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Socio-professional situation: proof of residence permit, work letter, or study transcript.
You can find more facts regarding the list of the required documents from the French consulate general in Ottawa, CA.
Easy Steps for Applying French Schengen Visa From Ottawa, CA
if you want to get a French visa, you should need to obey the steps below:
1) Check do you need visa or not?
Here is the visa assessment link. You can get information about selected visa types and required documents and find do you need a visa for France or not?
2) Fill out the Schengen visa application form
You need to fill out a visa application for a French visa using this link if you need a Schengen visa for travel.
3) Book your visa appointment
In this step, you need to book your visa appointment. You should use the “VFS GLOBAL” service using this link.
4) Visit VAC and submit your application
Attend the visa interview along with the application and required documents. Your interrogation will be held on the same date you will give under the appointment booking step.
5) Track your visa application
You can also track your application after submitting it. You can use this link for visa application tracking.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will notify by the embassy regarding acceptance or rejection. After the completion of a decision by the embassy, you will allow collecting your passport and documents from the consulate.
Contact French Consulate General in Ottawa, CA:
You can contact the French consulate for more information regarding your application or interview.
Office Address: 42 Sussex Dr, Ottawa, ON K1M 2C9, Canada