If you are a Saudi citizen or living in Saudi Arabia as a foreigner in both cases, getting a French Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia is mandatory. Obtaining a Schengen visa is not a simple task, but after following this article, you will proceed with your application in the appropriate direction. To make this dream possible, you will prepare a visa application and arrange the required documents, then submit your French visa application to the French consulate in Riyadh or Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
This artifact is a complete source of information regarding how to apply for a French Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia, the required documents, and where to submit the visa application after the preparation. In this article, we present a step-by-step procedure from Scratch to submission of the application. You should follow this guide properly for a higher French Schengen visa acceptance rate.
If we contemplate the European Union Statistic, we will find great French Schengen visa approval from Saudi Arabia. If we apply competently and with all the required documents, we have a 99% chance of getting a French Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of French Schengen Visa from Saudi Arabia
Here are the most common French visa types. You should select anyone from below according to your travel purposes.
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Visit Visa
- French Tourist Visa
- French Student Visa
- French Business Visa
- French Young traveler (working holiday) Visa
- French Medical Purpose Visa
- French Work-Self Employment visa
If you have concerns regarding the French visa type, you may visit the official source for more information.
Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa from Saudi Arabia
Below we define the list of required documents. You should place these documents before the appointment booking and appear for an interview with them.
- French Schengen Visa Online Application: Fill out the online French visa application form, and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Residence Permit: If you are not a citizen, show proof of residence like an Iqama.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color, 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Flight Booking (Round-Trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in France.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Show 3 months Bank and Credit card latest statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to France.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
We already mentioned the required documents for a French visa, but you may read more using this link.
Ultimate Instructions for Applying French Schengen Visa from Saudi Arabia
If you want a French visa successfully, you should follow these steps decently:
1) Collect visa requirements
First, you check the requirements for the selected visa type using France Visa Wizard. The wizard will display all the necessary details like visa Fees, required documents, etc.
2) Fill online French visa application
If you find all requirements, start collecting all required documents and fill out the online French visa application form using this link. please fill it thoroughly and with valid information so that it will reduce the impact of visa rejection.
3) Book your visa appointment
After submitting a visa application, it’s time to book a visa appointment using this link. You can book an appointment with VFS Global.
4) Submit your visa application
Once you book the appointment, attend VAC for a visa interview at the scheduled time. You can find the locations of French consulates in Saudi Arabia using this link.
5) Track your visa application
If you want to track your visa application after submission, you can visit this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the French consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the VAC.
French Schengen Visa Application Fee from Saudi Arabia
Here are the Schengen visa fees for Saudi citizens. The same fees will apply to non-citizens. You will convert these accordingly to your country’s exchange rate (EURO) for the exact amount (in your currency).
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 Euros
If you read more about French Schengen visa fees, please look into the Visa Fees Table using this link.
Contact French Consulate Generals in Saudi Arabia
You may contact the French consulate general if you have queries regarding your French visa application or visa appointment.
Consulate General of France in Riyadh:
Address: Diplomatic Quarter, PO BOX 94367 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Phone: 9 20 02 42 50
Consulate General of France in Jeddah:
Address: Al Hamra Al Shouara street 21411 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Phone: 012 610 89 00