If you have a Ghanaian passport and gaze to travel Italy, then it is compulsory to get an Italian Schengen visa from Ghana. You will submit your visa application at the VAC in Kumasi or Accra, Ghana. As only having information concerning where you submit your Italian visa application is not sufficient, you have excellent knowledge regarding how to apply and the required documents you need for an Italian visa application.
In this article, we offer a step-by-step handbook for applying Italian Schengen visa from Ghana and also reveal the checklist of all required documents that is mandatory for Italian visa submission and approval. This article will help to increase the chance of Italian visa acceptance by working on it thoroughly and appropriately.
After the ultimate review of European Union statistics, we can say that the rate of Italian Schengen visa acceptance from Ghana is satisfactory, and numerous applications have approved by thousands of applicants in the last three years.
|Number of Visa Applications
|Not issued rate for uniform visas
Types of Italian Schengen Visa from Ghana:
Here we enlisted the following types of Italian visas for which the Italian embassy will accept your visa application. But you can select the visa type accordingly to your travel purpose.
- Italian Visit/Tourist Visa
- Italian Work-Self Employment visa
- Italian Transporter Visa
- Italian Family & Friend Visa
- Italian Airport Transit Visa
- Italian Re-entry Visa
- Italian Training Course Visa
- Italian Student Visit Visa
- Italian Sports Visa
- Italian Cultural Visa
If you are looking for more information related to Italian visas, you can visit this link.
What are the required documents for applying Italian Schengen visa from Ghana?
Here is the list of all required documents you will need to arrange before attending visa appointments, it will be a higher chance of visa acceptance by following this checklist properly.
- Italian Schengen Visa Application Form: download the application after filling online and keep it with other required documents. Please fill out entirely into Block Letters.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color, 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Italy and provide additional details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Round-Trip Flight Reservation: It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in Italy.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization that is inviting you to Italy.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Latest 3 months bank and Credit card statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Visa + VFS fees receipt: must attach all receipt copies of Schengen visa and VFS charges.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
Step-by-step guide for applying Italian Schengen visa from Ghana
Here are the veritable steps for applying for and getting an Italian visa from Ghana. You need to submit your visa application at Italian VAC in person after getting the visa appointment, and for it, you need to use VFS Global Services.
1) Select your visa type
First, you need to select the visa type under this page. After that, you will get all details regarding the required documents, visa fees, processing time, etc.
2) Prepare your visa application & documents
After the complete check regarding all details of your specific visa type, it’s time to fill out the visa application form and arrange all required documents.
3) Book your visa appointment
If you have done form filling, please book your visa application appointment using this link.
4) Visit visa application center (VAC)
You will attend the visa application center on a booked date with all the required documents. Please bring the application and VFS fees because you need to pay them before the interview. You will read more about what happened with you at VAC using this link.
5) Track your visa application
After the submission, you can track your application using this VFS tracking link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the VAC.
Italian Schengen Visa Application Fees from Ghana
Here are the fees you need to pay for getting an Italian Schengen visa from Ghana:
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 656 GH¢
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 328 GH¢
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 GH¢
VFS service charges per application are approximately 164 GH¢.
VFS visa application centers in Ghana
You may visit VAC if you have queries regarding your Italian visa application or visa appointment.
VFS visa application center – Accra
Address: 1st Floor, Atlantic Towers, Behind Marina Mall, Airport City, Accra, Ghana
VFS visa application center – Kumasi
Address: Adum Kumasi, AK 065 8459, Opposite Adum Presby guest house adjacent to fidelity bank and star life insurance