We write this note for those foreign nationals who live in Chicago and like to visit Spain. But the main problem they faced that how to put an application for a Spanish Schengen visa from Chicago, Illinois.
You will encounter this article as a complete guide for organizing a Spanish visa application from Chicago, required documents, and types of Spanish visas.
If we look at European Union statistics, it should verify that the rate of Spanish Schengen visa acceptance from Chicago is 100%. The only direction had kept in our mind is that we should need to apply completely and genuinely.
|Number of Visa Applications
|Not issued rate for uniform visas
Do I Need Schengen Visa for Entry in Spain from Chicago?
Generally, Americans do not require to obtain a Schengen visa for Spain entrance. If you live as a foreign national, you have recommended to apply for a Spanish Schengen visa for Chicago, IL.
Here are some categorized applicants who need to bring a Schengen visa for making Spain access possible:
- Foreign living in Chicago(permanent or temporary residence permit) and their citizenship country have not yet inscribed the Schengen agreement with Europe for visa-free access.
- USA passport holders whose restricted to Spain entry without the Schengen visa by the government.
- B1/B2 visitors currently inside Chicago need to apply for a Spanish Schengen visa from your home country(not Chicago).
- Foreign living in Chicago and holding USA Green Card or Permanent Residence should apply for a Schengen visa.
Here is the list of countries whose nationals must need to apply for a Spanish visa for traveling to Spain. You will find more information using this link (page 13).
Types of Spanish Schengen Visa from Chicago, IL
You can choose any visa type according to your expedition aim to Spain.
- Spanish Tourist Visa
- Spanish Family Member of non-EU/EEA Citizen Visa
- Spanish Business Visa
- Spanish Family Visit Visa
- Spanish Sport Visa
- Spanish Airport Transit Visa
- Spanish Medical Visa
- Spanish Study/Research Visa
List of Required Documents for Spanish Schengen Visa from Chicago
All applicants must apply in person, and you should arrange the following required documents at the time of visa application submission or appointment.
- Spanish visa application form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Spain trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Two Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport size pictures in color, 3×4 cm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- A Cover Letter: Explain why you are visiting Spain?. and provide further details of your trip.
- Proof of residence in the United States or Chicago.
- Verifiable round-trip reservation: It must have Spain going and return dates.
- Original plus one copy of Driver License or State ID
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region & Spain.
- Hotel Reservation: The actual proof of residence after landing in Spain.
- Proof of Funds: Latest 3 months bank and Credit card statements, you must have a minimum of $1068/day funds in your account.
- Schengen visa fee receipt: No other payment method will accept than money orders. You can get more information regarding the fee from here.
- Declaration form
- Express Mail return envelope with stamps.
If you need more details concerning required documents for a Spain visa from Chicago, you may visit “exteriores.gob.es” page.
Absolute Procedure to Applying Spanish Schengen Visa from Chicago
Here are the comprehensive measures used for applying Spanish visa from Chicago.
1) Check will you need a Schengen visa or not?
First, you need to figure out will you need a Schengen visa for Spain entry. You can check eligibility from here.
2) Application submission and Appointment booking
3) Visa application processing period
Apply within six months and 15 days before the departure date.
4) Track your application
After applying along with all documents, the consular gives you code for your application tracking. You can use this link for tracing of application.
5) Biometric data capturing
The fingerprints will take during visa application processing. You may notify by the consular to come and give fingerprints.
6) Correcting the application:
Consulate will let you know if required any other documents or if any change.
7) Return of passport and other documentation
Contact Consulate General of Spain Chicago, IL
You may contact the Spain Consulate Chicago regarding an appointment and general queries.
Phone: +1 (312) 782 45 88
Address: 180 North Michigan Ave., Suite 1500.
Chicago. Illinois 60601. MAPA