Considered an enticing locale for Belarusian tourists, Italy extends an invitation to discover the marvels within the Schengen Area. Regardless of familiarity with European travel or their first foray into the continent, Italy offers an extensive array of captivating experiences that are certain to captivate each visitor. Commence your vacation in Italy in Rome, the eternal city renowned for its historic architecture and the colossal Colosseum. Florence, the cradle of the Renaissance, and Venice, with its winding canals, offer cultural abundance at every turn. Obtain information on acquiring an Italian Schengen visa from Belarus in this guide. Explore the fundamental aspects of organizing a trip to Italy, including navigating the complexities of the application process, making hotel and flight reservations, and obtaining Schengen travel insurance. Explore the captivating essence of Italy, where every urban center and picturesque landscape presents a distinct fusion of artistic expression, historical significance, and culinary delights.
In addition, the following links may provide pertinent information for those interested in applying for an Italian Schengen Visa from a country other than Belarus, including Thailand, Sri Lanka/Maldives, Pakistan, Morocco, China, Indonesia, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, or Bangladesh.
Visitors who applied for an Italian Schengen Visa from Belarus
In 2018, about 221,642 Belarusians used an Italian Schengen Visa.
|Number of Visa Applications
|Not issued rate for uniform visas
Applying for an Italian Schengen Visa from Belarus
Belarus nationals must acquire a Schengen visa to enter Italy for business or leisure trips. The application must be submitted to the Consulate of the Italian Embassy, the Schengen country where the applicant intends to remain for the most significant period. Holders of Schengen visas are authorized an extended stay of up to 90 days within 180 days within the Schengen area on the condition that their visa remains valid.
Belarusian nationals who wish to apply for a Schengen visa for Italy from Belarus may do so through the only authorized official website of TLScontact to book a visa application appointment. TLScontact Italian Schengen Visa Application Centres are in three Belarus locations: Brest, Gomel, and Minsk. The TLScontact Italian Visa Application Centers guarantee a streamlined and effective procedure for submitting visa applications by utilizing its fully-equipped facilities. A pleasant and well-informed staff welcomes visa applicants at every stage of the application process.
Categories of Italian Schengen Visas issued at the Italian Embassy in Belarus
Visa prerequisites differ based on the purpose of your journey from Belarus to Italy:
- Business and Work– A visa for short stays is granted to individuals traveling to Italy for business purposes, including business training, equipment inspections, purchases, or sales during industrial collaborations or negotiations.
- Family and Tourism– Short-stay visa for people traveling to visit family or relatives or for tourism purposes.
- Study Visa– Short-stay visa for educational purposes
- Sports Visa- Short-stay visa for individuals traveling to Italy for sports events or competitions.
- Transport Visa- Individuals who are traveling for professional purposes about the transportation of products or people via air (including personnel of civil, charter, or private aircraft) or surface (including drivers) freights are eligible for a short-stay visa.
Application Procedure for a Schengen Visa to Italy from Belarus
TLScontact is an exclusive service provider for the Italian government, authorized to provide administrative support services to visa applicants in Belarus.
The steps to follow when applying for an Italian Visa are as follows:
Step 1 – Select your travel purpose
Step 2 – TLScontact account creation
Step 3 – Personal data input
Step 4 – Online booking of appointment
Step 5 – Preparation of application materials
Step 6 – Submission of application
Step 7 – Passport collection
Step 1 – Select your Travel Purpose
Explore the required documents for your visa application according to the reason for your trip, and diligently prepare the specified materials. Please select the appropriate travel intent at all times.
Step 2 – TLScontact account creation
Email and password fields will be required for the TLScontact system to process your specific Italian Schengen Visa application correctly.
Step 3 – Personal Data Input
To process your Italian Schengen Visa application accurately, the system will request that you input certain personal information. If you are applying for a visa with another individual or group, you are asked to specify the identities of the applicants on your application.
Step 4 – Online Booking of Appointment
Please select a convenient date and time for submitting your Italian Schengen Visa application at the center. You must print your notification in its entirety, as it will be demanded at the TLScontact application center welcome area.
Step 5 – Preparation of Application Materials
Ensuring that the Italian Schengen Visa form & documents are corresponding to your application and visa type is printed and duly completed is crucial. Submission forms require the use of black ink with all letters capitalized. The applicant must personally sign the form; a representative for document submission must be authorized to sign the form.
Step 6 – Submission of Application
Upon completing the check-in process at the welcome desk, you will be guided to a counter where a TLScontact agent will examine your documentation to ensure its compliance and presence. A follow-up form will be provided to you, detailing which documents have been submitted and, if any, need to be included. Your completed file will subsequently be forwarded to the Embassy for processing.
All Italian Schengen Visa applications must be personally submitted at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre unless an exemption applies. Also, it is imperative that all applicants who are 12 years of age or older appear in person at their scheduled appointment at TLScontact to have their biometric data captured and to submit their Italian Visa applications.
Step 7 – Passport Collection
You will be notified via email when the Embassy of Italy in Belarus has completed processing your Italian Schengen Visa application, and you can visit the TLScontact center to retrieve your passport. Acquire your passport by visiting the TLScontact center with a copy of your identification card and the checklist.
In case you can’t collect the passport, you need to designate an individual (exclusively a close relative) to retrieve your passport on your behalf; they must furnish the following: a letter of authorization bearing your signature, a copy of your identification card and the representative ID card, as well as evidence of your family relationship. Meanwhile, for travelers who opted for Express Courier Return Service, their passports will be delivered to the address provided at the time of submission.
Italian Schengen Visa Application Fee
The applicant will pay the fee for an online visa application during the online application procedure. When the document is physically presented at the application center, payment may be submitted with the application.
Short-stay for Belarus nationals = 128 BYN
Children under 6 = 0 BYN
Children between 6 and 12 years = 146.28 BYN
Required Documents for Italian Schengen Visa from Belarus
Belarusian citizens require a set of documents to apply for an Italian Schengen Visa. The documents required are:
- The visa application form must be duly completed (in Russian, Belorussian, Italian, or English) and signed by the applicant. For minors, the application form must bear the signature of at least one of the parents or the individual exercising guardianship.
- One color photograph not older than six months measuring 3.5 x 4.5 cm on a white background.
- A passport issued within the previous ten years that is valid for at least three months after the intended departure date should include a minimum of two vacant pages.
- Confirmation of legal residence in Belarus
- In all Schengen States, travel medical insurance that offers comprehensive coverage for the entire intended stay is legitimate. This type of coverage covers any expenses that may arise during the visit, including medical repatriation, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment, and fatalities. A coverage minimum of €30,000 is mandatory.
- Proof of arrival/departure that is a round-trip ticket
- Proof of accommodation, a hotel booking, or a letter of invitation from an Italian resident
- Other travel passports that are either legitimate or expired.
- Duplicate each page of the domestic passport.
- A copy of the birth certificate for minors.
- Evidence of lodging (such as a hotel reservation or a rental agreement for a house or flat).
- Round-trip ticket reservation (airline, transport cruise, and so forth)
- Financial guarantees include a printed itinerary of the intended journey and a certificate of employment specifying the position and salary. Applicants who own a business must furnish a duplicate of the tax identification number (TIN) and proof of business registration.
- Proof of applicant’s current occupation
- Employment certificate with the amount of the salary for the last three months, which includes the job title
- Self-employed: certificate of company registration
- Retired: pension certificate
- Student: student card or enrolment certificate
- Unemployed: copy of labor book
- For others: documents confirming the link with Belarus
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the intended stay
- For minors, a birth certificate and its copy are required, along with notarized parental consent.
- Copy passport pages with personal information and previous Schengen Visas over three years.
- Forms of consent for processing personal data and applications for service can be obtained from the TLScontact website.
- One must provide the following to get the passport from the Visa Application Center. Before applying, please ensure you have copies of the documents required.
- Majors- copy of passport pages (pp. 32-33)
- Minors- copy of passport pages (pp. 32-33) and birth certificate copy
TLScontact Call Centre
For further queries, you may also contact the call center numbers of TLScontact. +375 740 740 9999 (mobile phone) / 8 740 740 9999 (landline phone).