We are writing this column for those living in New York as a foreigner and looking to travel to Italy for tourism, visits, or any other visa purpose. You must apply for an Italian Schengen visa from new York if you are a national of that country which is not yet signed the Schengen agreement or allow for visa-free entry in Europe.
In this article, we declare a master guide for applying for an Italian Schengen visa from New York, which also helps you to collect the required documents for an Italian visa application and where you will submit your Italian Schengen visa application.
According to the statistics of the European Union, the rate of Italian visa approval from New York is 100%. We need to understand how to apply for an Italian visa with all required documents in the right place using the correct and appropriate details.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
|2020||Italy||USA||NEW YORK, NY||576||564||12||2.08%|
|2019||Italy||USA||NEW YORK, NY||3,343||3,244||96||12.87%|
|2018||Italy||USA||NEW YORK, NY||3,265||3,197||66||2.02%|
Examine Do You Need an Italian Schengen Visa from New York for Making Italy Entry Possible?
If you hold any of the following categories, you should apply for a Schengen visa from NY before Italy entry.
- Foreigners living in New York and their native countries have not yet signed the Schengen agreement with Europe for visa-free entry.
- USA passport holders whose restricted from Italy entry without a Schengen visa.
- B1/B2 visitors currently inside New York need to apply for an Italian Schengen visa from your home country.
- Foreigners living in New York and holding USA Green Card or Permanent Residence should apply for a Schengen visa.
Find out more about the Schengen visa requirements for Non-US citizens or third-world nationality holders.
What are the types of Italian Schengen Visa from New York, USA?
You can pick any of the following Italian visa types concerning your trip.
- Italian Tourist Visa
- Italian Visit Visa
- Italian Airport Transit Visa
- Italian Business Visa
- Italian Work visa
- Italian Study visa
- Italian Diplomatic visa
- Italian visa Family Reunion
- Italian visa for Elective Residency
- Italian Military Mission visa
List of Required Documents for Applying Italian Schengen Visa From New York, USA:
Here is the list of all required documents that you must have before applying for an Italian visa.
- Italian Visa Online Application Form: Take print after filling and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Italy trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport size pictures in color, 3×4 cm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- A Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Germany?, and provide further details of your trip. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Flight Reservation for Visa: It must be with the departure and return locations and dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application?.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of occupancy after landing in Italy.
- Invitation Letter for Schengen Visa
- Proof of residence/Jurisdiction in New York, NY
- Proof of Funds: Latest 3 months bank and Credit card statements.
- Payable Visa Fee: the visa fee will receive by money order and a certified bank check.
You can study more about the required documents for an Italian visa from New York from the Italian consulate general in New Your, USA.
Complete Steps for Applying Italian Schengen Visa from New York, USA:
Here are the following steps to apply Italian visa presented by the Italy consulate general in New York.
1) Check do you need a Schengen visa or not?
The Schengen visa requirement for Italy entry is necessary because not all New York Citizens or Foreigners require a Schengen visa for Italy Entry. You can check would you need a Schengen visa for travel to Italy or not using this link.
2) Fill out the application form and arrange all required documents
Complete the Italian visa application form and take a printout. Moreover, you need to collect all documents because you require to attach them to your visa application.
3) Book your visa appointment
After filling out the visa application form, book your appointment at VAC by visiting this link.
4) Visit the Italian VAC
Visit the visa application center on the booked date and submit your Italian Schengen visa application with other required documents.
Contact Italian Consulate General in New York:
You can contact the visa office for more information regarding your application or interview.
Office Address: 54 E 69th Street (corner of Park Ave)
The Postal address is:
Consulate General of Italy
690 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065-5009