If you are looking for a guide to applying for a Spanish Schengen visa from Washington, then you are on the right side.
In this article, our experts present the step-by-step procedure for applying Spanish visa from Washington. So that applicants will not face complicated issues during Spanish visa application submission.
This document covers the application steps for a Spanish Schengen visa from Washington, the types of Spanish Schengen visas, and about required documents for a Spanish Schengen visa.
Here we also consider the contribution of the European Union that can ensure you apply for a Spanish visa from Washington is more satisfactory because the rate of Schengen visa acceptance is near 100%.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Do You Need to Apply for a Spanish Schengen Visa From Washington?
If you are standing on any of the following points, you should need to apply for a Schengen visa before traveling to Spain.
- Foreigners living in Washington and their citizenship country have not yet signed the Schengen agreement with Europe for visa-free entry.
- USA passport holders whose restricted from Spain entry without a Schengen visa.
- B1/B2 visitors currently inside Washington need to apply for a Spanish Schengen visa from your home country (not Washington).
- Foreigners living in Washington and holding USA Green Card or Permanent Residence should apply for a Schengen visa.
Check who and who does not need a Schengen visa for Spain entry.
Types of Spanish Schengen Visa from Washington D.C
You can select any Schengen visa type accordingly to your travel nature.
- Spanish Tourist Visa
- Spanish Airport Transit Visa
- Spanish Business Visa
- Spanish Family Visit Visa
- Spanish Investor Visa
- Spanish Medical Visa
- Spanish Entrepreneur Visa
- Spanish Non-working residence Visa
- Spanish Employee Visa
- Spanish Internship Visa
- Spanish Student/Researcher Visa
- Spanish Long Term Residence Visa
Required Documents List for Applying Spanish Schengen Visa from Washington D.C
All applicants must apply in person, and you should arrange the following required documents at the time of visa application submission or appointment.
- Spanish Visa Application Form.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for three months after your Spain trip is completed, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs: Two recent passport size pictures in color, 3×4 cm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo from here.
- A Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Spain?. and provide further details of your trip.
- Flight Reservation for Spain: It must be with the departure and return dates.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and must cover the Schengen region & Spain.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable)
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of residence after landing in Spain.
- Invitation Letter for Schengen Visa
- Socio-professional situation: Letter from Spanish Institute/Organization like Enrolment or Employment letter.
- Express mail service fee paid receipt.
- Proof of Funds: Latest 3 months bank and Credit card statements.
- Schengen visa fee receipt
- Proof of residence: Driver’s License or ID from Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, and Washington DC.
You can get more information concerning Spanish visa documents from (exteriores.gob.es).
Procedure of Applying for a Spanish Schengen Visa from Washington D.C.
If you want to apply for a Spain Schengen visa from Washington, please follow the below steps:
1) Go to the Spanish embassy Washington official website and check the requirements for a Schengen visa under the “consular services” section.
2) Arrange required documents and submit the Spanish Visa application
Visit the Spanish embassy in Washington (Consular Office: 2375 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington DC 20037) and submit your application in person.
3) Check visa application status
After application and fee submission visa officer will give you a reference code for the status checking. You may check the status using this link.
4) Submitting biometric data
The embassy will call you to submit your facial and fingerprints during the visa application process.
5) Rectifying your visa application
In this step, the visa officer may call you again to come embassy and provide the missing details and call for a personal interview.
6) Collecting your passport & documents
On the base of the decision by the embassy, you will notify accordingly. If you get your visa will have accepted, your passport will deliver via mail service (You already paid), and in the case of rejection, you have the right to an appeal.
Contact Details of Spanish Embassy in Washington D.C