The actual cause of revealing this document is encountering numerous requests from Bangladeshi applicants who desire to apply for a French Schengen visa from Bangladesh. These applicants have placed the queries after perusing similar articles regarding appealing Italian or Spanish Schengen visas from Bangladesh and found these articles beneficial for getting a higher acceptance rate. Moreover, the requested applicants also expressed that about 35% of applications have rejected by the French Embassy due to inappropriate applications with missing requirements. So, we decided to assemble a step-by-step solution that can support upcoming Bangladeshi to submit the French visa application with complete requirements, and the rejection rate will decrease.
So, if you are holding a Bangladeshi passport and crave to travel France, this article will assist in concerning how to apply for a French Schengen visa from Bangladesh, the checklist of required documents, and where to submit the application after preparation. We design this article in such a way as to tackle both Bangladeshi and non-Bangladeshi to compose a visa application from Scratch to end and apply at the French consulate directly.
According to the statistics of the European Union, the French consulate in Bangladesh received countless applications for a French visa every year, but only 60% of them got approval. The lessen percentage proves that Bangladeshis have no typical method yet to apply significantly. Now we have the ambition that after following this article, they would request a French Schengen visa from Bangladesh effortlessly, and the approval percentage will improve.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of French Schengen Visa from Bangladesh
If you intend to visit France and you should present the Schengen visa application to the embassy, but you will construct the application according to the requirements selected visa type. So, choosing the appropriate visa type is the pre-eminent step for the proceeding French visa application. You will pick any visa type from the following list accordingly to your trip nature.
- French Tourist or Private Visa
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Visa for Family of European National
- French Young Traveler Visa
- French Student Visa
- French Employment Visa
- French School-Going Minor Visa
- French Business Travel Visa
- French Adoption Visa
- French Volunteering Visa
- French Visa for Family of Foreign National living in France
- French Medical Visa
You can get intakes regarding required documents, visa fees, processing time, and applying strategies for the specific visa type from this link.
Checklist of Required Documents for Applying French Schengen Visa from Bangladesh
We should Attach the required documents with the visa application as it is the principal declaration from the French consulate. So, you should collect all demanded documents and complete the fulfillment of the embassy. We suggested having all the required documents in your hand before the appointment, and the documents should be authentic and valid.
- Online French Schengen Visa Application: Fill out the online French visa application form, and keep it with other required documents.
- Your Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- Photographs: Two recent passport-size pictures in color. 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting France and additional details regarding your journey. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Proof of Residency: You must submit proof of residency if you are a non-national of Bangladesh. The document would be a residence permit and should be valid for three months before intending travel.
- Flight Itinerary (Round-Trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and cover all Schengen zone.
- Sponsorship Letter (If applicable): You can find the best way to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application using this link.
- Socio-Professional Status: Proof of evidence to have a reasonable job in Bangladesh with a signed contract letter (including all details like salary package, name, and date of joining), business trading letter (if you own a business), and admission letter (in case of study). You may submit proof of personal links like a marriage certificate or family record book.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in France.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Proof of adequate funds with the latest three months bank statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Invitation Letter: Should be written by an individual or organization inviting you to France.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
You can extract more facts concerning the checklist of required documents from the France-visas webpage. You should update yourself regarding the documents list before applying from this link.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Apply French Schengen Visa from Bangladesh
After comprehending the visa type and required documents, it’s time to submit the application to the French consulate by following the below steps. We derived the given outlines from the official source (France-visas) so that your submission will be perfect without any objections.
1) Gather the visa requirements
As we already discussed that selecting the visa type is the foremost step for Gathering the requirements of a specific visa type. You can collect the requirements using Visa Wizard so that you would acquire the information like required documents, visa fees, and other general details.
2) Fill out the visa application
Once knowing the requirements, fill out the online visa application and start arranging all required documents. You can accumulate all documents before preparing an application because you might ask for certain information concerning any document during filling.
3) Book your visa appointment
After filling out the application and arranging all required documents, it’s time to book a visa appointment using this link. You have to submit all supporting documents during the online visa appointment booking.
4) Submit your visa application
Now you need to visit French Embassy on the booked date and submit your application file in person. You would pay the Schengen visa fees during the appointment, so please keep the payments under the bag along with you.
5) Track your visa application
If you want to track your visa application after submission, you can visit this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data apprehending and Rectifying the application, you will announce by the French consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport in person from the French Consulate visa collection center.
French Schengen Visa Application Fees from Bangladesh
Here are the Schengen visa fees you should pay before visa processing, and they will not be refundable under acceptance or rejection.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 80 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 40 Euros
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = 0 Euros
You can find the complete Schengen visa fees table from this link.
French Consulate General in Dhaka, Bangladesh
You may contact the French Consulate General of Bangladesh concerning queries regarding visa application requirements and a visa appointment.
Address: Diplomatic Enclave, Madani Ave, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Phone: +880 2-55668600