The motivation for writing this article is to support the Kingdom of Thailand regarding the ultimate procedure of applying a Spanish Schengen visa from Thailand. Similar Spanish visa requirements pertain to the Citizens of Thailand as other Asian countries, which include China, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Thailand has the best tourist cities like Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket, but its citizens are interested in exploring the sites of Spain. So, after experiencing numerous queries from neonate Thai Travelers regarding how to apply & submit a Spanish visa application from Thailand, our team decided to write a complete solution concerning the step-by-step procedure for applying Spanish Schengen visa from Thailand.
If you are a national of Thailand and desire to travel Spain, then you are landing on the right article. In this article, you will discover the absolute stratagem regarding how to apply a Spanish Schengen visa from Thailand, extract the required documents, and where to submit a visa application after preparation.
The same document will utilize for both nationals and non-nationals of Thailand to start processing a Schengen visa application for Spain from Thailand.
As per the record of the European Union, thousands of Schengen visa applications endured by the Spanish Consulate in Bangkok yearly, and only 2% of applicants were denied. This statement expresses you have a 98% chance of retrieving a Spanish Schengen visa from Thailand if you have applied appropriately.
|Years||Schengen State||Country||Consulate||Number of Visa Applications||Visas Issued||Visas Denied||Not issued rate for uniform visas|
Types of Spanish Schengen Visa from Thailand
Having the appropriate requirements is a predominant component for approval of a Spanish visa, and you can unsheathe the proper essentials if you know for which visa type you are applying. Here are enlisted the commonly used Spanish visa types. You can choose anyone according to your trip nature and find out the requirements of the selected one below.
- Spanish Visa for Visiting Family & Friends
- Spanish Tourist Visa
- Spanish Seamen and Transit Visa
- Spanish Sports or Cultural Events Visa
- Spanish Visa for Diplomatic and Official Passports
- Spanish Student Visa
- Spanish Visa for EU Family Member
You can inquire more about the above or specific visa type concerning the required documents, visa fees, and how to apply by using this link.
Required Documents for Spanish Schengen Visa Application from Thailand
These required documents work like the backbone of the Spanish Schengen visa application. Applying with missing or submitting uncertified documents will result in a straight visa rejection by the Embassy/Consulate. So, ensure the presence of the below documents along with authenticity and attach all required documents with the visa application carefully.
- Spanish Visa Application Form: The application form is correctly filled and signed with blue ink. Please fill it out completely to protect your application from rejection.
- Original Passport: Must be valid for more than three months from the intended date of the trip, not older than ten years. It must have two blank pages.
- Copies of Previous Passports (if available)
- 2 Photographs: Take out the recent passport-size photo in the white background and 35×40 mm in size. Find more details regarding the Schengen visa photo here.
- Travel Medical Insurance: It must support coverage of 30000 Euro and cover all Schengen zones.
- Cover Letter (if applicable): Explain why you are visiting Spain and provide additional. You can find the best way to write a cover letter for a visa application here.
- Flight Reservation (round-trip): It must be with the departure and return dates and locations.
- Sponsorship Letter: Read how to write a Sponsorship letter for a visa application.
- Hotel Booking: The genuine proof of accommodation after landing in Spain.
- Invitation Letter (Policia Nacional): This should be written by an individual or organization inviting you to Spain.
- Detailed Travel Itinerary
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: 3 months latest bank and Credit card statements. You can get more details using this link.
- Copy of DNI: Attested copy of passport, DNI, or residence card for the person living in Spain.
- No Objection Letter (NOC): Stated that your employer or institute has no objection to your leaving and mentioned when you join again.
We already broached the list of required documents above, but you may review the updated checklist and begin a collection of the documents using the official link.
Step-by-Step Directions for Applying Spanish Schengen Visa from Thailand
Here are the steps you should accompany to apply for a Spanish visa from Thailand. These steps are taken from Official BLS Spain because this is the only platform proposed by the Spanish consulates for visa application submissions.
1) Find out visa requirements
Firstly, you can extract requirements by selecting the visa type concerning your travel purpose. You can use this link to acquire the visa type and information like required documents, visa fees, processing time, and photo specifications.
2) Fill up your visa application
After getting the requirements, the next step is to prepare your Schengen visa application form. It should be filled duly with blue ink and signed by the applicant.
3) Book your visa appointment
After filling out the application, it’s time to book your appointment for application submission using this link.
4) Submit your visa application
Visit the visa application center where you booked the appointment on time and submit your Spanish visa application with the required documents in person.
5) Track your visa application
When your visa application is presented, you can track it online using this link.
6) Collect your passport
After all processes, including Biometric data capturing and Rectifying the application, you will be informed by the consulate regarding acceptance or rejection. After the decision, you will collect your passport from the BLS application center.
Schengen Visa Fees for Spain from Thailand
We categorized the following Schengen visa fees that should be paid before starting visa processing. You may ask for these fees during an appointment in the BLS center or pay them online. These fees are non-refundable.
Schengen visa fee for 12+ years = 2970 THB
Schengen visa fee for children between 6-12 years = 1485 THB
Schengen visa fee for children 0-6 years = No Fee
BLS service charges = 629 THB
Spanish Consulate General in Bangkok, Thailand
You may contact the Spanish Consulate General in Bangkok directly if you have questions concerning your Spanish visa application and the application procedure.
Address: Embassy of Spain in Bangkok (Consular Section)
193/98-99 Lake Rajada Office Complex, 23rd floor Ratchadaphisek Road Klongtoey, 10110 Bangkok.
Phone: +66 (0) 26618284/87